New Dean Guitar/Rebel Razorback guitar By DimeBag

whitey131 said:
On a side note your article is pretty oone sided, I don't have to read any further then God wanted slaves to think it's complete BS.

heh well this is this internet after all, whats not one sided :)

lokey said:
heh well this is this internet after all, whats not one sided :)
The undeniable fact that John Bush is the greatest singer Anthrax ever.

:D that one went out to spacebeer!

The northern states were exempt from the emancipation proclamation. Slavery continued in the north untill the war was over. I didn't write the article but I found it to be factual.
Are the scriptures misquoted?
Are you also a theologian in addition to being an expert on the Civil War?
I'm not defending slavery by any means, but why wouldn't the Bible address slavery? Slavery was more prevalent in Biblical times.
Since the Klan carries the Christian cross and burns it should it also be considered a racist symbol?
The swastika was a symbol with positive meanings for 3000 years before the Nazi's stole it.
People with pride in their Southern heritage aren't happy with their symbol being stolen by the Neo Nazis. Your stance that the Confederate Flag is nothing but a racist symbol empowers the very racists that offend you so.
I'm from the state born, probably illegally, from the Civil War. Part of the Union from our conception. Why would you make a statement like "you knew you were going to lose"?

Maybe you shoud read the whole article.

Bleearg said:
The northern states were exempt from the emancipation proclamation. Slavery continued in the north untill the war was over. I didn't write the article but I found it to be factual.
Are the scriptures misquoted?
Are you also a theologian in addition to being an expert on the Civil War?
I'm not defending slavery by any means, but why wouldn't the Bible address slavery? Slavery was more prevalent in Biblical times.
Since the Klan carries the Christian cross and burns it should it also be considered a racist symbol?
The swastika was a symbol with positive meanings for 3000 years before the Nazi's stole it.
People with pride in their Southern heritage aren't happy with their symbol being stolen by the Neo Nazis. Your stance that the Confederate Flag is nothing but a racist symbol empowers the very racists that offend you so.
I'm from the state born, probably illegally, from the Civil War. Part of the Union from our conception. Why would you make a statement like "you knew you were going to lose"?

Maybe you shoud read the whole article.

The statement you were going to lose was refering to if having to pay slaves was put to a vote. The nothern economy was totally differnet than the souths.

I am by no means an expert on the civil war, I told you what was taught to me in college history.

Do you have historical degrees? Also I don't care what the bible says, slavery is wrong. Then again, I am a godless fucker.

whitey131 said:
The statement you were going to lose was refering to if having to pay slaves was put to a vote. The nothern economy was totally differnet than the souths.
Still don't understand the "you" part.
Having to pay slaves was never put to a vote. Lincoln proclaimed it illegal but only in the south. So the rich northerners kept their slaves even the Black ones owned slaves usually native americans.

whitey131 said:
I am by no means an expert on the civil war, I told you what was taught to me in college history.
You were taught or remember it wrong then. I'm trying to clear up some facts for you. Read the section entitled "The War Was Not Fought Over Slavery".

whitey131 said:
Do you have historical degrees? Also I don't care what the bible says, slavery is wrong. Then again, I am a godless fucker.
My major was Business Law/ Finance. My interest in the subject stems from my High School Alma Mater Stonewall Jackson. We had the highest percentage of black students in the state. The black athletes would take the Stars and Bars and run up and down the sidelines with it.
I never said slavery was right, but the Bible verse seems to suggest caring for your slaves as if they were your part of your family. Not such a bad idea. Godless or not the Bible tells a story of how the world is, both the good and the bad. Good reading even for an athiest.

offtopic.gif

Bleearg said:
Still don't understand the "you" part.
Having to pay slaves was never put to a vote. Lincoln proclaimed it illegal but only in the south. So the rich northerners kept their slaves even the Black ones owned slaves usually native americans.

You were taught or remember it wrong then. I'm trying to clear up some facts for you. Read the section entitled "The War Was Not Fought Over Slavery".

My major was Business Law/ Finance. My interest in the subject stems from my High School Alma Mater Stonewall Jackson. We had the highest percentage of black students in the state. The black athletes would take the Stars and Bars and run up and down the sidelines with it.
I never said slavery was right, but the Bible verse seems to suggest caring for your slaves as if they were your part of your family. Not such a bad idea. Godless or not the Bible tells a story of how the world is, both the good and the bad. Good reading even for an athiest.

How do you know I was taught wrong? Were you there or is it just possible that this article your reading is wrong?

whitey131 said:
How do you know I was taught wrong? Were you there or is it just possible that this article your reading is wrong?

What I said was:
"You were taught or remember it wrong then. I'm trying to clear up some facts for you."
Facts:
Slavery was legal in the North during the Civil War.
Affluent Black people owned slaves.
The South wanted to send their materials to Europe's modern industries instead of sending it to the the child labor filled mills in the North. To stop the trade between Europe and the South, The Northern Politicians (deep in the pockets of industry) imposed a near 50% tax on imports. The Confederate States seceded to avoid the outrageous taxes.

Do these ideas ring familiar?

Government by the people for the people. Not By industry for industry.
Taxation without representation. Using government control to keep you from doing what is best for your people.

Bleearg said:
What I said was:
"You were taught or remember it wrong then. I'm trying to clear up some facts for you."
Facts:
Slavery was legal in the North during the Civil War.
Affluent Black people owned slaves.
The South wanted to send their materials to Europe's modern industries instead of sending it to the the child labor filled mills in the North. To stop the trade between Europe and the South, The Northern Politicians (deep in the pockets of industry) imposed a near 50% tax on imports. The Confederate States seceded to avoid the outrageous taxes.

Do these ideas ring familiar?

Government by the people for the people. Not By industry for industry.
Taxation without representation. Using government control to keep you from doing what is best for your people.

White people should give black people reperations.

If the Confederate Flag is racist, then so is the USA flag...afterall, there was legal slavery and racism under the US flag for WAY longer than the Confederacy even existed.