Hellraiser neck...Sticky? Other guitar?

polish polish polish, for a mo itll be worse, then all of a sudden itll be gliding free.

I've never personally loved necks with gloss finishes, although I'm quite happy with my C-7 Hellraiser as it's not THAT sticky, but still I'm considering having it sanded...
I still can't forget the feeling my Ibanez S540 had, the only good thing about that guitar was the neck finish!

I never knew anyone who bought guitars so they could show off the back of the neck.

FWIW, Zakk Wylde had the finish sanded off the backs of his necks originally. Now, they come oiled or something.

FWIW (wtf does that mean?) Zakk Wylde got his original grail from some dude named Scott Quinn who originally purchased 100 LP's for his store and decided to keep that one. Scott Quinn originally put the EMG"s and did the weird string thing with the bridge then the paint started flaking from a few chips so he scraped it off with a pick then gave it a gentle sanding.

Then when he was working with Lee Jackson, he met Zakk (at NAMM) AFTER he made it into Ozzy and traded him the LP after recording no rest for the wicked. He had to trade two really expensive gutiars for it (some old SG and LP custom)

I literally just read all of this taking a shit 5 mins ago with an old guitar world.

The more you know. :worship:

And yeah, fuck painted necks. I did this to my RR24 which had a painted neck, it was being a stupid whore.

DSC01544.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

Aren't nitro-finished necks the ones that are supposed to feel sticky and not poly-finished ones?

I've never had a problem with any of my finished necks.