Hellraiser neck...Sticky? Other guitar?

Melodeath

Moonbow
Feb 6, 2004
Northern VA
I know there was a thread recently about the awesomeness of schecter, specifically the Hellraiser, and even more specifically, the Hellraiser C-7. However, I have a specific question.

Well, I went to guitar center last night and I played a Hellraiser C-1 FR, cause ti was on sale. I noticed the gloss neck was really sticky. I actually own a C-1 Blackjack, and while the neck has a gloss finish, it's not sticky, or not nearly as sticky as the Hellraiser was, at least. Tbh, the C-7 Hellraiser they had seemed a little less sticky, but still less slick than any other guitar I tried last night.

1) is this normal?

Is your Hellraiser neck kind of sticky? Maybe the "stickyness" gets better the more you play the guitar? My Schecter's neck isn't sticky, though I don't remember specifically if it was more sticky when I bought it 7 years ago.

I really want to buy a Hellraiser C-7 FR, as I can't find another guitar with mahogany body and neck, EMGs, floyd rose, 7 string, for this price, but I need to verify that the neck either gets more slick with time, or that I played a "bad one."

maybe I should look at another guitar? Does another have these features, or close to? 7 string and floyd rose are pretty much a must. I already own a Blackjack, so I have a 6-string tune-o-matic Schecter, so that sort of option wont excite me.

Thanks

First problem is that probably 1,500 chodes have already fucked with that guitar.

My C7 HellRaiser, including the original one I owned and my new one, does not feel sticky to me or anyone that has played it, at least nobody has mentioned it. Maybe it's just mine...both of them...

First problem is that probably 1,500 chodes have already fucked with that guitar.

My C7 HellRaiser, including the original one I owned and my new one, does not feel sticky to me or anyone that has played it, at least nobody has mentioned it. Maybe it's just mine...both of them...

Good point. I actually tried wiping it off with my shirt though, and it's like I wiped off the grease that was lubricating the neck :lol:
In other words, it got even worse...

P.S. Why haven't you been on AIM lately?

Have you ever thought about the amount of snot, sweat, semen, and other assorted bodily excretions that gets ground into the necks of guitars at Guitar Center by the time you pick one of them up?

Mother fuckers don't be washing they hands.

its probably do with the fact that schecters are for kids ;-)

jokes obv. Maybe someone got so excited playing one they exploded on it?

get an rg7420/rg7620 if you can find one. Way bettttter imo

I think that is the problem with buying any guitar at guitar center. I have/will always hate the shops that make you ask to play but I certainly understand why after picking up a couple of instruments in the GC. I wonder if they charge those guitars for there own rape kit at the GC in Alaska.

Every time I end up in a GC, which isn't very often considering there isn't one within a 300 mile radius of where I live....I feel like I just got a big wad of knuckle babies all over my hands. Makes me feel like I was forming hamburgers after I played thier guitars. Plus, they are always fucked up. Fuck Guitar Center.

I found the best thing is to semi-regularly polish the neck. Due to the humidity here in NJ, and the awful humidity in our practice room, it is pretty much necessary on my Les Paul.

-Joe

Well, obviously, but its good general advice if you find yourself with a sticky neck. Especially if you otherwise like the guitar.

I know...was just razzing you a little...that's all. ;) And I agree that sanding a neck will make it feel much nicer. However, there's no way I would do that to my Hellraiser. Sanding the glossy finish on the mahogany neck would destroy the look of it.