ESP LTD EC-1000 vs. Schecter C1 Hellraiser

MrLee

Jul 31, 2006
Oslo, Norway
Hi! I want to buy another guitar! This guitar will mainly be for fast thrash metal riffing! My main axe now is the ESP kh-2, witch is fantastic, but the Floyd Rose steals to much sustain and string tension!
I have tried the Ec-1000, but the Hellraiser does not seam to exist here in Norway!
What do you guys think? Witch one? or maybe you have another suggestion also?

Thanks!

I've worked with both the Hellraiser & the MH 1000. They're both great in thier own way & you probably wouldn't go wrong with either of them.

I can't say anything about the EC-1000, I haven't played one. But the big differences between the MH & the Schecter were that the Schecter had a fatter neck & a beefier tone. The neck issue disappeared after about 5 minutes of playing, however. Gotta love those extra-jumbo frets.

FWIW, I bought the Schecter.

Well, fat neck rocks! I really hate Ibanez necks.. To thin and girlish!
Beefier tone is what I want! But I think the scale is the same? doesent matter though...
Extra jumbo frets? well, I think I'll try the Hellraiser then! Its much cheaper also!

Scale is not the same! EC1K is 24.75 - Gibson scale. The C-1 is 25.5, the scale on your KH2.

The shorter scale is 'slinkier' feeling - less string tension, but easier to push too hard and send out of tune. It also doesn't sound or feel quite as tight.

I'd say Schecter - that EC-1000 is a lovely guitar, no doubt, but I can't possibly give it more than the C-1 for comfort and playability. Hell, at the prices they're at you could get two Schecters and worry about tuning changes half as often - you'll love them both, too.

Jeff

Ah! Okay then! Good to know! Actually, the only guitar I've owned thats not 25,5" is my Morgan Stratocaster! Haha!

Do anybody know about a good place to order a Hellraiser online? guitarcenter does not ship Schecter internationaly..

Ah! Okay then! Good to know! Actually, the only guitar I've owned thats not 25,5" is my Morgan Stratocaster! Haha!

Do anybody know about a good place to order a Hellraiser online? guitarcenter does not ship Schecter internationaly..

http://www.guitarasylum.com/home4.htm

I'm pretty sure they ship internationally. They said they would ship a Caparison to Oz when I was looking at getting one. Just send them an email and they'll help you out with costs and info.

Try www.americanmusical.com , Not only can you make interest free payments, but they dont charge you for shipping if its over $100.

Thats pretty good for musicians on a budget... like me.

Not sure what their international shipping would be/do, but check it out nontheless.

I'd argue with yall since I have an EC-1000, but I feel I'm outnumbered. Oh well.

:lol:

~e.a

I'm not understanding your post. We're talking mainly about ESP/LTD guitars and Schecter guitars...which ironically are owned by the same company. Ibanez has nothing to do with either guitars we're discussing?

The neck on the EC-1000 is nothing like an Ibanez neck, and I've owned a handful of Ibby's over the years.

~e.a

DSS3 is the best person to answer the question(s) at hand, he's owned both guitars, at the same time I might add, and probably is the most qualified because of that.

~e.a

Wow this is eerie because I was just looking at buying one of these two guitars myself but was leaning towards the ESP because of the emgs. Any input you guys can provide is great.

I recently recorded a bone-stock straight out of the box C1 after tweaking in the tone with my les paul.
The Schecter was a muffled muddy piece of shit that went right back in the box.
Maybe it was fucked up?
But what do I know? I play a thin girlish Ibanez like some of the greatest shredders in the world.
This fashionable Ibanez bashing is getting old

I had an ESP Eclipse CTM and traded it for a Schecter C-1 Classic (and like 600€). Best deal ever. Schecter is soooo much better in every way than the shitty overpriced ESP. With Schecter the whole guitar sings while the ESP felt like a piece of plastic. Go with Schecter if you can (Thomann ;) )

Damn, you guys are making me wonder. I was planning to buy both an EC1000 and a Schecter C7 on my upcoming trip to the USA, but now I'm a bit unsure... I've had an Ibanez S540 Ltd with EMGs for years, but then I tried an EC1000 and loved it, beyond all the differences with my Iba. Choices, choices...

I'm not understanding your post. We're talking mainly about ESP/LTD guitars and Schecter guitars...which ironically are owned by the same company. Ibanez has nothing to do with either guitars we're discussing?

The neck on the EC-1000 is nothing like an Ibanez neck, and I've owned a handful of Ibby's over the years.

~e.a

I assume you were talking about me... I was just mentioning that I have many different makes/models...

Also... I live about a mile in between the Schecter and the ESP factories... I can also tell you that ESP and Schecter aren't linked in any way... if you go to the Schecter site, in the FAQ section...

Q: Is Schecter Guitars affiliated with ESP guitars??
A: F*ck No!

Also...

Wow this is eerie because I was just looking at buying one of these two guitars myself but was leaning towards the ESP because of the emgs. Any input you guys can provide is great.

Both guitars have EMG active pickups.