Schecter C7 Hellraiser vs. LTD sc607b

hellraiser85

Sep 1, 2007
Spain
www.myspace.com
I have a Schecter C7 Hellraiser with EMG's 707 and I think it sound too muddy and bassy and without character in comparison with mi ESP Horizon FR (with seymour duncan's), specially when I'm recording with it.

I´m considering to buy a LTD sc607b. What do you think of this guitar? Is it much better than my Schecter?

Other option is to replace bridge pickup of my Schecter with a EMG 81-7 or a SD Blackout, Is it worth it?

Dude, totally try the 81-7 - I assume the Schecter is all mahogany, in which case I feel the 707 is indeed WAY too muddy, since it's the 7-string version of the EMG 85, which I tried in my all-mahogany ESP EC-400 tuned to C and found too muddy compared with the stock 81. Also, I much prefer the 81 over the 85 in the neck of any guitar, so really, I only like the 85 for the bridge position in brigther guitars!

As someone who has owned the HellRaiser C7, I will agree that it is pretty muddy with the stock 707. But I have played the SC607 and I wouldn't take it over the HellRaiser ever. Just get an 81-7 or a Blackout and keep the axe. Also, Marcus, it is completely made of mahogany (body and neck, with set-neck construction) so it is going to be muddy with too dark of a pickup, i.e. EMG 85/707, as you said.

~006

Never played a Blackout, and what little I've heard about 'em has been mixed, while the 81 (and by extension, the 81-7) is tried-and-true. However, the Blackouts apparently use the same quick-connect plugs as EMG's, so it'd be easy to buy both, try 'em, and return the one you liked less.

I wish we had the C-7 Hellraiser in the store, so I could compare it with the 607B.. but we sold it to a customer within 1,5 days of it's arrival..

Oh, wait, I could try our guitarists C-7... (you see where this is going? :heh: )