ESP LTD EC-1000 vs. Schecter C1 Hellraiser

Also... I live about a mile in between the Schecter and the ESP factories... I can also tell you that ESP and Schecter aren't linked in any way... if you go to the Schecter site, in the FAQ section...

Q: Is Schecter Guitars affiliated with ESP guitars??
A: F*ck No!

You can't live a mile in between two things that exist in the same place in Korea ;).

And yeah, they are linked. Schecter doesn't want to admit it, for some reason, but ESP and Schecter are owned by the same company, share a Korean factory, but choose to operate under different names for some reason.

You can't live a mile in between two things that exist in the same place in Korea ;).

And yeah, they are linked. Schecter doesn't want to admit it, for some reason, but ESP and Schecter are owned by the same company, share a Korean factory, but choose to operate under different names for some reason.

Actually... Both of their warehouses are literally about a mile away from me. I never said this is where they made their guitars.

They setup all of their instruments in these locations for distribution in the US. I have 2 friends in the ESP location and one that used to work at the Schecter location.

They are owned by the same company. The Schecter FAQ section states that, but they *are* in fact owned by the same company. I'd have to dig up the hard evidence but it's been covered several times on many forums and it's true, they are.

I'm not too keen on ESPs, I think they are overpriced. But LTDs? Fucking steals.

~e.a

I recently recorded a bone-stock straight out of the box C1 after tweaking in the tone with my les paul.
The Schecter was a muffled muddy piece of shit that went right back in the box.
Maybe it was fucked up?
But what do I know? I play a thin girlish Ibanez like some of the greatest shredders in the world.
This fashionable Ibanez bashing is getting old

This isn't about your Ibanez, one off-track comment was enough. The Schecters I play feel more alive and full than any of the best LPs, so it must have been a dead one - if you're ever around San Antonio, come play mine. It's that simple - I haven't found a 7 that suited my needs as well as the Blackjack C-7, and a C-1 will be entering the picture in the near future because the workmanship and quality has been unmatched by guitars retailing for prices several times higher. I haven't spent as much time as DSS3 with the 1000, but I've played it enough to know that it's a solid guitar - I just like the feel of Schecters better (and I honestly think they overdid the binding, but that's a different issue) so I go for those. If you like Ibanez, fine - but I'd be hard pressed to see how John Petrucci's Ibanez tone was better than his Music Man tone, or how Paul Gilbert sounds worse with a Les Paul than he did with his PGMs, and I know your Ibanez stock pickups aren't as nice as the EMGs or Duncans shipped with Hellraisers/Blackjacks, so these guitars win on convenience even if you can find one that matches the size and density of a Schecter or ESP.

Jeff

The LTD VP-400 is easily the best playing guitar and most comfortable neck I've ever owned (though my old Hamer Chapparal Std isn't too far behind). My only complaint is that songs I wrote on 25.5" scale neck guitars sound, I dunno... un-crisp... when I get to riffs with a hammer-on from / pull-off to an open string. I hope to pick up an LTD MH-400NT this year that should be the best of both worlds. :headbang:

Schecter necks are just a hair too manly for me and my embarassingly small hands, otherwise I'd be all over them. :cry: They seem real solidly built and very well spoken of.

I have feet like a moose but hands like a parakeet. Seeing as shopping for guitars and shoes are two of my favourite pasttimes, perhaps I'm a closet masochist. :erk:

LOL!!! Ive got a Jackson *thin neck* and ESP/Schecter with fatter ones, I can play faster on the thinner neck but I get so much more control and grip over the fatter necks with my moose paws.

Ieko, shame you dont play guitar with your feet :p Unless you are Steve Vai....:kickass:

Actually... Both of their warehouses are literally about a mile away from me. I never said this is where they made their guitars.

They setup all of their instruments in these locations for distribution in the US. I have 2 friends in the ESP location and one that used to work at the Schecter location.

A factory, which you said you lived near in your original post, not a warehouse, is by definition where products are made.

Aha! Ive found a small flaw in that video to suggest it is infact a fraud!!

.....His volume knob seems to be missing :lol:

In all seriousness...I want the tab for those sweeps! Is it a song by somebody or anything? Let me know :p

Nice job finding that vid ;) Shame about the hairy hoofs on him :lol:

ibanez bashing never gets old! jees next you'll be telling me Kirk hammett DOESNT suck HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
the 'greatest' shredders who play ibanez are all lame.
none of them play actual music, its one giant guitar wankfest
its like listening to a mega drive game soundtrack

ibanez=thin necks, thin bodies, thin tone,

If you like Ibanez, fine - but I'd be hard pressed to see how John Petrucci's Ibanez tone was better than his Music Man tone

His recent tone has NEVER matched the massive thickness of "Awake" ...But maybe thats just me. That said, I owned a Schecter about four years ago, and it wasn't too bad at all from what I can remember. It was a stripped down C-1 verison, can't remember the exact model name.

Random note: At the moment I got a RG7420 and love the neck. I have pretty big hands too and love the feel.

His recent tone has NEVER matched the massive thickness of "Awake" ...But maybe thats just me. That said, I owned a Schecter about four years ago, and it wasn't too bad at all from what I can remember. It was a stripped down C-1 verison, can't remember the exact model name.

Random note: At the moment I got a RG7420 and love the neck. I have pretty big hands too and love the feel.

Erm... Panic Attack? TROAE? Glass Prison? Blind Faith? He quad tracked Awake, but he got an even bigger sound out of those...

Jeff

Erm... Panic Attack? TROAE? Glass Prison? Blind Faith? He quad tracked Awake, but he got an even bigger sound out of those...

Jeff

both "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" and "Octavarium" has great crunch to them, just nothing that to me match "Awake"...though I do like the guitars from "Train of Thought" a bit more. Oh, I'm still trying to settle on your suggestions of the D-Sonic or the D Activator.

P.S. not meaning to highjack the thread for Schecter/LTD discussion