ltd deluxe ec 1000

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
Hi guys, I'm in search of another axe, I'm very tempdet to buy an ltd deluxe ec 1000...th exe have stock emg pick ups 81-60.
But I have a little fear to drop the tune to B, there is anyone here that have this guitar dropped to B tunning?

I wouldn't recommend the 24.75" scale for B... I'd go with AT LEAST 25.5" scale for tunings lower than C#.

Personal preference with reign over what anyone else has to say, though.

So, if you're lusting after this guitar, the only way to find out if it'll work for you is to try it for yourself.

If you dont like it... well... then sell it. :)

La scala darebbe dei grossi problemi, io ho provato ad accordare in Do una Les Paul (che ha la stessa scala) e ho avuto un sacco di problemi di intonazione già al 6°/7° tasto, nonostante un'ora persa a controllare le ottave, e alla fine ho deciso di lasciar perdere.
Anche a me piace una cifra 'sta chitarra, ma per accordature così basse preferirei una baritona o una 7 corde, per evitare un sacco di sbattimenti...

And for all you damn yankees... sucate! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't mind a little more floppiness to the strings than go with the ESP. If you need tight strings for fast riffing then check out the larger scale guitars. I switched to a Hellraiser for that very reason.

25.5 may not give a tremendous difference, or at least one that will make the plunge from C# to B too much better; if you don't mind heavy strings you can probably get away with it on that scale - I pull it off on a 24.75" scale (14-70 GHS strings, but even that is just because I like heavy strings) without a problem. You'd honestly want to start looking past 26.5" if you want that much of a difference from the scale length.

The reasoning I have behind this is that .75" is half of a fret. It's very intuitive to view longer scales as just having more frets on the bottom, and lines up fairly well when estimating string tension. At SevenString.org there's a topic with string tensions for tons of strings with different scale lengths, look that up and compare string gauges at that pitch and scale length to see what you're going for.

Jeff

I used to have one, and I tuned it to drop B.

Using higher gauge strings and adjusting the intonation & string height are essential on guitars that are being drop tuned. If you spend some time with your guitar, you'll find what works best for you.

There was a thread similar to this a while back... about drop tuning and such. You might want to read some of the opinions about scale length in that thread. After that it turns into an In Flames thread.

Here it is... Drop A# on a Les Paul?