C1-Hellraiser vs Ltd F-400

Jackal_Strain

Sigurd Løberg
Feb 16, 2006
Trondheim, Norway
I'm currently in the process of changing allmost all my gear and the first thing on
my list is a new guitar. I've allready narrowed it down a bit and I'm currently looking at both a schecter c1-Hellraiser and a Esp ltd f-400.
I'm allready familiar with ltd guitars and must say I really like 'em, but I've heard so many people on this board mention the hellraiser a lot.

so what do you guys think? Which one?:Spin:

Well problem is that I cant try them out. There's no shop near me that have any of those guitars.
I'm not asking you guys to decide for me. Just wanted to know if you have any opinions on either of them.

Dude, I have ESP/LTD guitars in my collection and I just added a Schecter Hellraiser C7 quite a few months ago. I'm VERY happy with that guitar. I use it most of the time now. If it's not one of my USA Jackson Rhoads V's, it's the Hellraiser C7 :). Can't go wrong with that one.

~006

Dunno, I've got a C1 here, and its ok... I play the ESP and Gibson over it all day every day though... its hard to give the LTD the nod, because, they're verrrrry hit or miss. Depends? Sorry for the inconclusive answer.

The C1 *Hellraiser*? Because right now the Hellraiser series is top of the line Schecter. I almost bought a BlackJack C7 but the Hellraiser is tops :).

~006

All I can comment on is the Hellraiser. You'll get great tone, fantastic parts and quite good construction for an extremely low price. When it comes to mass-produced guitars, I've yet to see anyone beat out the Hellraiser on bang-for-buck.

My C-7 Hellraiser is my main guitar at the moment. It works great for all forms of metal and rock music. Everything from overdriven lead and crunch to death metal to smooth shred...

My only qualm is that access to the higher frets (22+) is a bit restricted and hard to get a good hold of the string for big bends or solid vibrato (I like doing the Yngwie 'hit highest note then bend it up 1 & 1/2 steps').

I've never been a big ESP/LTD fan, so my choice would be very easy. Unless of course I wanted a floyd rose..... in which case I'd get a C-1 Hellraiser-FR :). Original Floyd Rose... no licensed shit... stock.... score.

I'm not much of a shredmeister anymore like I use to be, and my solos usually are blues oriented, so the upper-fret access doesn't really bother me at all. I'm more concerned with how comfortable it is when playing for long periods of time doing rhythm work, I mean, leads last...10 seconds? The rhythm guitars go on for 3-6 minutes for me, so I set my priorities :) What I've found is that the neck on the C7 Hellraiser is perfect for me. I tried a really nice Ibanez Universe UV777, like $1,800 or so, and the neck just fatigued my hand so quickly. When I first played my Hellraiser when it arrived, I played it for hours and honestly didn't feel a difference in my hand stamina, even with the extra stretch to the low B, compared to any of my 6-string guitars. But then again, thats me and my experience, the neck is great for me, may suck ass for you. Only way to tell is by playing one yourself.

~006

I still preffer the Jackson necks. My PS4 still has the most comfortable neck I've played. I don't really care though.. I've become used to the feel of the Hellraiser and after a week or so could shred it just the same as the Jackson.

So the only real issue to me is the lack of access to the higher frets, which I don't really use all THAT often. Tremolo would've been nice, but hey, suppose you can't have it all. Also, you gotta keep in mind when recording to put some foam in behind the bridge, because under heavy distortion palm muting it has high harmonics that ring out, due to it being a string-thru I guess.

I had a Schecter 006 Elite for a little bit and dug it. She was a drop C/emg85 workhorse type guit. and worked great for rhythm, and for $150 used on ebay no complaints here.

If Loomis is playing pretty much stock ass Hellraisers, I'd reckon they are very fine instruments.