Uh Oh

I've had a lot of time to play both Schecters and LTDs and Schecters seem to be of slightly higher quality. I'd take an ESP standard series over anything in the Schecter lineup, but LTD vs Schecter is really a close match.

ive got the checter c1 hellraiser FR, its a killer guitar, the choice was that or the LTD 400 or 1000 deluxe MH series but the schecter looked cooler IMO, plays really well too, a very nice neck to it, not too thin and not too fat and its a load cheaper from what i recall! i do love ltds though oo so its a tough call, but i dont like the EC shape!

id go with the schecter personally, try both see whatever feels right....from my experience ive never been blown away my any ltds i played, schecters i have

im not a floyd rose guy tho

Thanks for all of the responses
The big reason I was stuck between the two is because the hellraiser jumped up in price to $1000 and the ec1000 is $1050 so not a big difference
only problem is that none of my local stores carry the ec1000 so I can't really try it out:/

I can tell you this: You will have almost no intonation problems with the Schecter in lower tunings but I think the EC1000 looks 10x better.
The playing itself is nice on both. Matter of taste I guess.

Personally I adore the feel of an LP body shape (provided I don't have to go above 15th position :erk: ), but 25.5" neck always wins over 24.75" IMO!