ESP LTD EC-1000

I have a 1000T/CTM White and i love it!
Thick body, fast and confortable neck
I'm thinking on putting alnico II pro on it

I have an EC1000 for sale, just a few months old and like new. It's equipped with Seymour Duncan Blackouts. PM me if interested :D Great guitar but I play on my ESP Horizon all the time :D

2ltdEC1000.jpg

I visited my local musicstore yesterday and tested out the ESP LTD EC-1000
with tremolo and I really liked it.
But what I kinda dislike about the guitar is the white abalone binding and the abalone fret-inlays. Would look a lot better if it would be white.
So I searched a bit in the internet and found these models :
http://www.instrumententheke.de/Katalog/Produkte/esp-ltd-ec-1000t-ctm-snow-white-deluxe-series
http://www.musik-schmidt.de/Esp-LTD-EC-1000-T-CTM-BK.html

They are kinda what I was looking for. But a big downside is that they have only 22 frets. I don't know... I never really used the 23th and 24th fret, but it feels like a step back from my Schecter. And I think that I may regret it when I need them one day.
How is it with 22-fret guitars? Is the 22th fret at the same spot as the 24th fret would be? Or is it just like the 23th and 24th fret is missing?
It would suck if the 22th fret would be as hard to reach as the 24th fret, if you get what i mean.

Are there any advantages on a guitar with only 22th? Or why do they keep building them?

The argument I hear most for 22 fret guitars, is that the neck pickup ends up in a more ideal place, where it cannot be because of the additional frets on 24-fret guitars.

With that said, I never tested it and doubt I would care much...I just really like having 24 frets. Even if I use that fret only once a week, it is so annoying to "run out of frets". My previous guitar had 22 frets and it annoyed me a lot more than the neckpickupsound has annoyed me in my 24 fret guitars (which I don't notice anything wrong about).

As with so many things, it completely depends on your style and what is most important to you.

Jan [MTW];10210088 said:
I am lefthanded, too! When I started playing guitar I was very unsure if I should play a lefthanded-guitar or do it the normal way. In the end I chose to play righthanded, as my guitar teacher told me that it wouldn't make any difference.
And today I'm very happy about that descision. I have no problems with my picking hand and I can choose between all the guitars available... Just as a little side story. :D

And thanks for the offer! But I don't like the color and the fact that it only has 22 frets. :p

i know a few lefthanded gitarists and they all play righthanded! :D
i also tried to play righthanded as i always wanted an explorer but i faileed completely :lol:

yeah the colour on the pic looks ugly, the EC over here is more a brown/honey tone, looks great in real life but i hate the abalone bindings :D

cheers
S.

Why don't they make guitars like this with a descent finish? That would be perfect...

I don't really care about the frets anymore but the scale is what's turning me of.
I really love the lp-shape und I couldn't imagine buying a different one...
When I moved to thicker strings on my last guitar I let set it up by a professional. Do you think if I would take like very thick strings and let it set up again, it would (could) work just fine?