Retrofitting Evertune VS buying Evertune Guitar

J.Lindmann

Jan 8, 2014
Hey everyone...how's it going?

Have you ever fitted an evertune bride in a guitar?
How hard or risky is it?

I am currently pretty keen on evertune guitars an try to figure out if I should give it a shot and build myself one or if I should avoid the hassle and just buy an Ltd or a VGS. Retrofitting the bridge would bring the opportinity to build my dream guitar to my own specs. Otherwise I would have to live with what the market offers me.

I am quite skilled in crafting but I am by no means a carpenter.
I got a wide range of tools in my workshop but I'm not sure if I got the tools that I need for such an operation.

The VGS evertune guitars are really cheap which makes me believe that this might be the best option cost-wise. On the other hand I am worried about the overall quality of such a cheap guitar.

I've installed well over a hundred of these. Not for the faint of heart. You need the right tools and the right templates. Otherwise I'd have an experienced pro do it or buy one of those VGS or LTD guitars with it already installed.

Reactions: JeffTD
LTD if purchasing evertune guitar. But if you have want your custom guitar with evertune, go for it even thou it's more expensive. It will be worth it. Before ESP released their evertune guitars I had an evertune bridge installed in my ESP Horizion NT08 and haven't regretted it.

I've installed well over a hundred of these. Not for the faint of heart. You need the right tools and the right templates. Otherwise I'd have an experienced pro do it or buy one of those VGS or LTD guitars with it already installed.

Great to see you on here, Fren - two of them were mine, and if this year's tax return is good I may very well bring a third your way.

Last edited: