NGD : VGS Stage One Pro Evertune

PD-Baraka

Feb 12, 2010
Got the VGS today

Its a beauty and it plays great too.

The evertune is so easy to setup and feels like its a fixed floyd, being a 8 year floyd player it felt natural when palmmuting and stuff.

Took off the factory pussy-strings and put on some proper wires and tuned down half a step drop d, the rectifier roars!

my only beef is the pickups, they are soft and rounded but i expected that(sh-4/sh-2).

New pickups on the way :D

The VGS stage one pro is a fine guitar and i will play this with band and on venues with comfort.

Its the quality and feel of the high end Ibanez SZ range. They even put locking tuners and coil split on it.

I like the details with the metal pickup rings and the wood binding.

I dont see myself getting a non-evertune guitar ever again.

The pictures does not do it justice, you cant even see the deep red back.

wp201305080101.jpg

wp201305080111.jpg

Let me know if you have questions about anything.

How's the neck compared to e.g. an Ibanez or ESP?

The neck is thicker than the wizard standard, much like a satin neck eclipse(rare as i understand it).

because the neck is thicker the sound goes wth it.

The sound is closer to a paul than a strat i think.

definitely a rythm guitar more than a shredder, which is what i wanted anyway.

having owned several ibanez/jackson/esp`s i have no complaints about the feel of this one.

Having a guitar with a satin neck is great too :D

Compared to my years of EMG use, yes! :cool:

Not that its a lesser pickup, by no means, but it does not have near the tight attack of an 81.

I was surprised you'd say that cause I just put an SH-4 back in one of my Les Paul and that shit is literally one of the meanest tone I ever had.
Your mileage may vary off course and maybe the Alder body and the whole guitar itself have an impact on the end result.

Anyway, looks like a very cool guitar. I need one with these Evertune bridges.

I was surprised you'd say that cause I just put an SH-4 back in one of my Les Paul and that shit is literally one of the meanest tone I ever had.
Your mileage may vary off course and maybe the Alder body and the whole guitar itself have an impact on the end result.

Anyway, looks like a very cool guitar. I need one with these Evertune bridges.

It might very well be the guitar.

I have had a few jacksons which was alder, one of them with a SD Custom in it which sound godly for what it was.

But as we know with EMG`s, they are kind of predictable in how they sound.

I will be getting some Bareknuckle Black Hawk pickups for this baby and see how it goes.

I wouldnt recommend getting an evertune guitar if you have a big guitar collection, because every other guitar seem fatally flawed afterwards, floyds excepted, we need them dives`n`squeels :D

Looking forward to the trem version, and the bass version which is right around the corner.

The more i play this guitar, the more i need no other.

We all know when we setup and tune a guitar to were it just roars evil on every chord, that magic spot we all seek after when we tune the guitar.

I have that every time now, that growl when every string resonates with eachother.
Its hard to explain.

Oh well, back to playing.

what does this bridge have to do with intonation?

By applying constant tension to the strings, the system helps with atleast 80% of intonation, atleast to a point where you dont need to tune to a spot on the fretboard.

Take it from someone who owns this now, THIS is the future of guitars in terms of taking away imperfections in tuning.

BUMP

Are you still loving this? And did you change the pickups? I'm seriously contemplating pulling the trigger on one when I get my next paycheck, I really want to try out something with an evertune.