NGD! Awesome V content

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
V-1%20004.jpg

Set-in 25.5” scale 3pc Mahogany neck with Ultra Access neck joint, 22-fret Ebony bound fingerboard, V-1 styled Korina body , …. Seymour Duncan Custom Custom (SH-11) and ’59 (Sh-1n) set, TonePros TOM w/ ‘V’ patterned thru-body, and Schecter Locking tuners.

Also a coil tap.

I fucking love this guitar. It's just what I was after - something really classic, but can still do modern music if required. Pickups are great, neck is great, tone is fantastic, and balance is great. Awesome axe!

Most definitely man, it's a really nice hybrid of classic and modern. Everything about it visually is really classic, but it's got such a huge tone, and the Custom Custom is a seriously versatile pickup. I can play Lynrd Skynrd, and then Decapitated all in the same sesh :lol:

How is the custom custom ? The 59 rocks for cleans and low gain lead tonez. Nice guitar man !

Dry as fuck, in a good way. It's got very up-front mids and tamed highs, so you can get that seriously tight bay area thrash tone with it, as well as really meaty shred when you drive it harder.

I'm not 100% sold on the '59, it is a nice pickup but a little too mellow for my tastes. I'll probably find my groove with it at some point though.

I love schecter V's. Got one at the moment. Just sold one a month ago. About the Custom custom pup. Do you recommend it over the JB for bay area thrash?

Dry as fuck, in a good way. It's got very up-front mids and tamed highs, so you can get that seriously tight bay area thrash tone with it, as well as really meaty shred when you drive it harder.

I'm not 100% sold on the '59, it is a nice pickup but a little too mellow for my tastes. I'll probably find my groove with it at some point though.

This may be something you've already tried but have you messed with the pickup height of the 59? I have one in the neck position of my Charvel San Dimas and i find there's a certain height that makes me love that pickup. For some reason the pickup keeps lowering itself after a few months and i find i have to raise it back up a notch to get it back into the sweet spot. If it's too low or too high i end up not liking it that much in high gain settings. YMMV though, you might just prefer something with Alnico II (like the CC) or Ceramic magnets.

BTW grats on the new purchase, that's a sweet lookin V, i'd rock that :kickass:

Yeah true man, I have played around with the height but not extensively. I'll try it a bit higher.

I love schecter V's. Got one at the moment. Just sold one a month ago. About the Custom custom pup. Do you recommend it over the JB for bay area thrash?

I recorded this really quick clip so you can hear it doing some standard tuned thrash. Excuse the slop in parts - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4128689/v1 thrash.mp3

It's not as scooped or as wet as a JB. I probably would prefer a JB for that real gallopy tightness, but it definitely gets the job done. It's more of a 'big rock' pickup, but can take a beating and is quite versatile.