NGDish: Explorer Content

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
As some of you may remember I bought a LTD Snakebyte a few months ago and found the neck to be cracked...re-ordered another with the same problem so I decided to buy a Gibson Ebony 76 Re-issue and custom the crap out of it!

Well I have now finished it! :Smokedev:

Custom Black Pearl Acrylic Pickguard
Mahogany body
Mahogany neck
Tonepros locking bridge/tailpiece
Schaller straplocks
EMG 81 (bridge) Active Pickup
EMG 60 (neck) Active Pickup
22 XJ frets
Sperzel locking tuners
Rosewood fingerboard w/Fret Doctor treatment
Set-neck construction

And general black dome knobs rather than the Gibson stock ones etc :kickass:

P1020780-1.jpg

P1020785E-1-1.jpg

P1020826-1-1.jpg

P1020828-1.jpg

P1020802E-1.jpg

I'm not just being nice for the hell of it... but that is seriously one of the nicest explorer's I've ever seen. That pic of the head stock just shows how pristine it is

Yeah, Gibson's are absolutely amazing. I have yet to play a shitty Gibson, and I have yet to play another guitar as good as a Gibson.

Really digging the guitar!
@JoergieN, played loads of shitty gibsons, a few awesome ones, a few decent ones and some good ones,
the quality spread was pretty great and there are many companies with guitars as good as good gibsons
or better ;)
Didn't want to start a Gibson bashing, most of the shitty ones were either SGs or Les Pauls, every V and
Explorer I played were good at least, not sure why it differs so much, there are still a few LPs and Vs that
are almost my favorite guitars on earth.

Damn, sexy. I have been wanting a white explorer to go with my faded one, but the ebony looks damn good, hmm....

^ I also like it with a white pickguard. Classy and gives the thing more shape/edge imo
EMG look better with a black one tho imo

I hate the white one...and its made really cheaply. Not only is it flimsy but its also fairly crudely shaped/cut. This new one is just quality!