EC-400
Set 3-piece mahogany neck
24-3/4" scale
Rosewood fingerboard
Earvana compensated nut
Flag inlays with model name at 12th fret
24 XJ frets
Mahogany body
EMG-81/60 active humbuckers (pickups on sunburst model)
Grover tuners
Black hardware
Tune-o-matic-style bridge with stop tailpiece
One tone and 2 volume controls with toggle on upper bout
White binding on neck and headstock

vs,
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19917325/SC-207-600.jpg

SC207
-7 strings
Bolt-on neck
25-12" scale
Basswood body
Maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
48mm standard nut
Thin U neck contour
24 XJ frets
Chrome hardware
ESP tuners
Tune-o-matic bridge
ESP LH-307 bridge and middle pickup

Which one would you go for, both are relatively the same price used, same seller.

I like the fact that the ec has EMGs. But I also like the fact that the SC207 has a longer neck + its 7 strings.

The ec400 and ec1000 are the same the only difference is cosmetic and where it was manufactured but they are essentially the same.

Which one would you gopher?

Im constantly in and out of different type of metal style bands such as: killswitch engage, deftones, staind, black dahlia murder, born of osiris, suicide silence, . what would be the better guitar for me?

It really depends on your playing style, when I tried out the SC my pick was constantly hitting the middle pickup with my guitar pick, but everyone floats or stablizes their hands differently so this might not be an issue for you. But for me I would go for the EC, It's hard to go wrong with the les paul style in a studio setting :)

Cheers
-Cory

I've worked in a few music stores that were ESP dealers and have played both extensively. I'd snag the EC. Especially since it's probably Korean.

i feel like a kid asked if he likes mom better or dad better

both are awesome, i assume if you have stuff written on 7 stings go with that
iv'e barely ever played a seven string but that's the MAIN difference here, so you might ask yourself: 6 or 7 strings?

The EC-400 is vastly better than the SC-207 IMO.

I guess, if you really need a 7 string, go with the SC, but at that price - You might as well look for a used Ibanez RG7620 or RG7621, cause they will utterly destroy the SC for a similar price.

I have two ESP custom eclipses. They're really good. While yours won't be as good, I'd say you'll find more practical applications for it.

EC-400 = made in Korea, SC-207= Made in China or Indonesia... or Vietnam, not sure where they make those nowadays, but definitely not Korea.

Korea > Rest of the Asian countries when it comes to build quality on LTD's.

The EC as a guitar itself beats the SC 207. Just look at the specs, if you want a 7 string, just look for a higher end model for the same price on ebay.