between an Ibanez 7621 and LTD mh-417 wich one would you choose?

Pxz

Nov 13, 2006
Chile - La Serena
Both are at the same price, the 7621 is a 99 model.
In case you don´t know the ltd mh-417, this are the specs :

Mahogany body
Neck-thru neck joint
Maple neck
Rosewood fretboard
Thin-U neck contour
Tune-o-matic string-thru bridge
EMG 81-7 bridge humbucker
EMG-707 neck humbucker
Grover tuners
48mm Earvana compensated nut
Black nickel hardware
Toggle pickup selector

The ibanez sounds cool( it cames with d-activators) but i wonder if the LTD may be superior in terms of tone , the bad thing is i cant test the LTD by myself, any experiences with it?

The RG7420/7421/7620/7621 guitars have some of my favorite 7 string necks ever.
A ton of mods can be done to those guitars too, like changing to different bodies etc

I bought the esp mhb 400 nt a couple of years ago without ever having played one. It's pretty much the same model as the mh 417 exept that it was a 6 string baritone. The only thing I didn't liked about it was the alder body which sounded quite hollow to me but they changed it to mahagony on the 417 now. It's really great to play and it looks a lot better in real than on these photos. I also had Ibanez guitars however I don't like them as much as the ltds.

You know Ibanez always sound like Ibanez. They are made for shred. They have this special hint of brittleness to their sound that makes solos extremely articulate and rhythm tones slightly odd. Only Ibanez I've heard that can deliver that true warm mahagony punch is the jap-made Apex... it has brutal lows, sounds almost as thick as a Gibson. I'm not saying the 7621 is not a beautiful instrument itself, but you may end up happier with the ESP.

I'm actually looking for a 7621 so I can get a replacement body made for it (mahogany).

if thats not an option and too costly, ltd all the way.

I always find ESP/LTDs to have a more chunky sound. I've never played a 7 string but I have the MH-1000 and can vouch for it. Better pickups too. Ibanez necks are just too thin for my hands.