NGD - LTD content (Still Ibanez Lover)

kylendm

Apr 18, 2010
NJ
Alright so I do webdesign for a few people one of my latest being of course Baron Custom Amps.

An author had up for sale/trade his guitar. One of the trades he was looking for was webdesign so I got too it. This is what I got in return.

Guitar Specs:

• Mahogany body
  • Neck-thru neck joint
  • Maple neck
  • Rosewood fretboard
  • Thin-U neck contour

Mods: This guitar was modded kinda heavy.

• Neck pup - Air Norton 7
  • Bridge pup - Tonezone 7
  • New Bridge - Black TonePros Tune o Matic
  • Hardware - Black Peavey dome knob
  • Tuners - Black Grover tuners
  • Pots - One EB 500k. The other was removed because he didn't like tone pots. (Ordered one already haha)
  • Straps - Installed Grover strap locks.

Review:
Alright, I've never played an ESP/LTD guitar in my life so getting this in the mail before trying was going to be different I knew it. I honestly expected the neck to be a bit thicker but it's pretty similar to the RG7x21 series as I've owned a 7620 and a 7421. I always hated the tune-o-matic bridges but I'm starting to get used to it. I'm really used to flat bridges and lo-pro bridges.

The tonezone actually sounds pretty good through my K88. It nice and full unlike my other guitars and really roars. The Air Norton is also a nick smooth neck pickup but has some bite to it as well which I like. Makes soloing not so bland.

Anyway just feel wise if you are looking at a MH-417 pick it up, it's a nice guitar, the neck is smooth and plays so fast. This guitar really changed the way I feel about ESP and I actually am really liking this guitar.

Yeah I have a hard time with tune o matics too. Looks cool, I'd probably slap an emg set in there but yeah I dig. I repainted my current Ibanez s series with a satin finish, way better than the stock paint on it.