NGD!!! Bye Bye Bugera ... :)

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
So after about 6 months of owning the Bugera 333XL I have decided to get rid of it. I know I know I have been raving about the amp since I got it. But the time has come to move on cause I have major gas for something pretty awesome :)

I found a Epiphone 1960 Re-issue from 2010 on Craiglslist for $300 just so happens I got an offer ont he Bugera for $300 so I went for it.

For those of you that dont know this guitar, its fucking sick!

• Mahogany body
  • Carved hard maple top
  • Mahogany neck
  • 1960s SlimTaper (D profile)
  • Vintage "Deep-Set" glued-in neck joint
  • Rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl trapezoid inlays
  • Gibson USA '57 Classic neck humbucker (4-wire)
  • Gibson USA '57 Classic Plus bridge humbucker (4-wire)
  • Switchcraft 3-way pickup selector, Neck Pickup Volume, Bridge Pickup Volume, Neck Pickup Tone (push/pull - series/parallel), Bridge Pickup Tone (push/pull - series/parallel)
  • Mallory 150 capacitors
  • Fingerboard 1-ply binding (cream)
  • LockTone Tune-O-Matic bridge/stopbar tailpiece for more sustain and easier string changing
  • Nickel machine heads Grover locking tuners
  • Straplocks
Amazing fucking guitar for the price!!!

So happy... I will be picking it up tomorrow night!! Ill post pics as soon as I have them!!

Oh and its trans black!!!! So fucking Sexy!
31f7eNDaplL.jpg

Oh dude ... fuck yea! Amplitube here i come! ;)

And I just found out its not an actual 1960, is the Epiphone Classic Quilt Top which they stopped making a few years ago. The re-issue was an assumption. The guitar was still retailing at $599 and is in mint condition, the only differences are the Push / Pull pots and the "real gibby pups" are not in this one.....

No worries was planning on putting EMGs in it anyway ....lol

This is a photo he sent me:
epiphone%20les%20paul%20guitar-369302005931531471.jpg

Fucking sexy finish!

I figure its gonna need some cleaning up of the fret ends, some rewiring cause you know the solders are shit, maybe some new pots. I figure about an hour worth of fret work, about $200 in pups, pots, electronics and it will be all good.

Sick guitar man! Congrats!
Too bad I've never been able to get into Epi/Gibson. The necks are just too thick and cramp up my hand. But I love the thickness of the bodies!

There's something I've always liked about black Les Pauls. I dig the quilt top, and that neck sounds comfy.

Here she is in all her glory. New black pickup rings, black knobs, and black switch plate ..... she is a sexy beast. Surprisingly even though they are a bit noisy the stock pups sound pretty good. Considering keeping her passive at this point instead of the EMGs, maybe a JB 59 set .....

IMAG0253.jpg

So all in all spent $300 for it plus $15 for the knobs and pickups rings....

The guy that sold it to me also threw in:

Guitar Stand:
IMAG0267.jpg

Gibby USA Soft Case
IMAG0265.jpg

2 Guitar Straps, 2 Cables, Korg Pocket Tuner:
IMAG0264.jpg

Marshall MG15 DFX
IMAG0263.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THE FUCKING QUILT!!! Shes BEAUTIFUL!
IMAG0255.jpg

So I am gonna sell off the Marshall, tuners, and one of the straps, so I figure ill get about $50 - to $75 for those which makes this guitar a score at $225!!!