Evertune vs Gibson Min-Etune (with changing tunings)

jauernis

Feb 11, 2007
Frisco, CA
www.myspace.com
Trying to understand the difference between the two.
With evertune will it be difficult to change into alternate tunings? Drop D drop C
Or am I better off with the gibson min-etune?
If I am changing tunings for example with the min-etune and evertune do I still need to adjust the neck?

My vote is on evertune, its set and forget basically.

The tuner is in my drawer and only comes out when i change tuning or put on new strings ( even though i dont need to retune when changing, im just paranoid).
That fact that i will not own a non-evertune guitar Again tells where my alliance lies.

I still cant believe why don't all guitar companies install evertune bridges on all their models :S
What i would give for a baritone guitar with evertune without having to go custom...

I still cant believe why don't all guitar companies install evertune bridges on all their models :S
What i would give for a baritone guitar with evertune without having to go custom...
perhaps because those bridges are big and ugly?, and most likely because many guitarists are tradionalists. :p

but i agree, at least it should be an option to order guitars with evertune bridge for those, why brands like vgs and esp-ltd only offer those bridges?
why not jackson, why not ESP (not LTD), what about Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Schecter, SUHR..perhaps not enough demand on such equiped guitars

perhaps because those bridges are big and ugly?, and most likely because many guitarists are tradionalists. :p

but i agree, at least it should be an option to order guitars with evertune bridge for those, why brands like vgs and esp-ltd only offer those bridges?
why not jackson, why not ESP (not LTD), what about Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Schecter, SUHR..perhaps not enough demand on such equiped guitars

Yeah sadly, the earth is still flat for most guitarists.

And ignorance is only suffered by those WHO know :D

Evertune and Min-Etune are quite different systems.

With Evertune you tune your guitar when you put your strings on and then it stays in tune, forever. Unless you decide you need to change your tuning and then you have to get the little allen key out. Evertune also stops you from accidentally pulling chords out of tune, or from notes going sharp when you hit the guitar hard.

Min-Etune you press a button and it tunes the guitar for you. It can still go out of tune, and having used one in a session I found it to be a gimmick more than anything else. Handy if you need to change tunings often and quickly at a gig, but other than that there's no real benefit.