BARREN CROSS Releases 'Birth Pangs' Live Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Christian metal veterans BARREN CROSS commemorate their 30th anniversary by releasing their first new album in 18 years, "Birth Pangs". Recorded live at the 2012 Elements Of Rock festival in Switzerland, it captures the entire BARREN CROSS performance in encompassing 18 songs and over an hour and a half of music. The album, which reunites the original lineup of vocalist Michael Drive, guitarist Ray Parris, bassist Jim LaVerde and drummer Steve Whitaker, saw a digital download release on December 21, 2013. The group plans a CD release for February of this year, and is selling the CDs as pre-order from its web site BarrenCross.com. Commented Drive: "I personally have never been as excited over an album in its performance as I am with 'Birth Pangs'. "I would like for every BARREN CROSS fan to own this; they must hear it. "I feel stronger about this concerning 'Birth Pangs' than any other album we have ever released!" "Birth Pangs" draws its material from each of the four BARREN CROSS studio albums, in addition to including two new songs and a third which was previously unreleased. "Birth Pangs" track listing: 01. Living Dead 02. Stage Of Intensity 03. Close To The Edge 04. The Unsuspecting 05. Two Thousand Years 06. Return Of The Light 07. Believe 08. Light The Flame 09. He Loves You 10. Dying Day 11. Bigotry Man 12. Here I Am 13. A Walk With God 14. Whitewashed Love 15. Rattle Your Cage 16. Deadlock 17. Cultic Regimes 18. Killers Check out audio samples at this location. BARREN CROSS represents one of the foundation bands to have emerged out of the early Eighties and played a pioneering role in the "white metal scene" that followed. The group independently released its six-song debut EP, "Believe", in 1985 prior to signing with Star Song Records for its first full-length album from 1986, "Rock For The King". A contract with mainstream label Engima Records ensued, which resulted in follow-up full-length releases "Atomic Arena" (1988) and "State Of Control" (1989). BARREN CROSS remained productive into the Nineties, releasing its first live album on Medusa Records in 1990, "Hotter Than Hell! Live", in addition to its 1994 Rugged Records swan song effort "Rattle Your Cage", which some say is their best studio album to date.
barrencrossbirthpangscd.jpg

More...