Bass geeks rejoice.....New Rush CD and tour!

spideyjg

Bass Gear Geek
Nov 14, 2005
February 15, 2007 -- Anthem/Atlantic recording group Rush has unveiled details of its upcoming new album, entitled "SNAKES & ARROWS." The renowned rock trio's first new collection of original material in nearly five years, the album will be released on May 1st.

"SNAKES & ARROWS" was recorded in the fall of 2006 with Grammy Award-winner Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver) and Rush co-producing. The album's first single, "Far Cry," will impact at rock radio outlets nationwide in mid-March.

Rush -- Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart -- will trumpet the release of "SNAKES & ARROWS" with a full-scale North American tour, the band's first since 2004's "An Evening with Rush: 30th Anniversary Tour." Further details about this summer's tour dates will be announced in the coming weeks.

Seeing as many Maiden fans are quite fond of great bass playing you can't do much better than Geddy. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

IMHO Entwistle, Geddy, Steve Harris, and Chris Squire are the most legendary rock bass players in history.

I'm so there for the tour!

Jim

I have never in my adult life failed to attend an L.A. or Orange County Rush concert, and I haven't missed a San Diego County Rush show since 1994. Currently Maiden and Rush are tied for original band I've seen live the most times [20 each]. Of course I've seen The MaidenS more times than Maiden, Rush and Metallica [11 times before Load, zero after] combined.

I saw them at the Forum front row way back when around '90 (?) when Hollywood Records was courting my band and they took us backstage to their private dressing room downstairs and I got to meet The Professor! :worship: I had absolutely nothing intelligent to say! :lol: So I said nada but "nice to meet you". Hee hee! They are absolutely amazing live I must say!!! If you have never experienced it you should go!!! :headbang:

Tour dates are up....

Mon July 23rd, The Hollywood bowl
Wed July 25th, Irvine Verizion :headbang:
Mon July 30th, Coors Amphitheater in San Diego. :headbang:

Go to Rush.com and hit the tour page. The fan club to do the pre sale cost nada :cool: and the pre sale is April 10th for SoCal dates.

Jim

There should be another get together before the Irvine show like there was before the last time Maiden [the genuine article] played Irvine.

I would sooooo love to do all three dates.. tooo bad they were not on weekends then it would sooooo work :) I would love to do the Vegas show but the inlaws moved and no longer live there :(

Oooof! My friend Ted just signed up for the presale tomorrow and Irvine the good seats are $130! Next level is like $70 or so.

Jim

I just spent a fortune on those 3 Rush shows. In Chula Vista I'm the closest, at the Hollywood Bowl I spent the most and at Irvine I spent the least obscene [but still obscene] amount but am stuck in the loge.

Tour dates are up....

Mon July 23rd, The Hollywood bowl
Wed July 25th, Irvine Verizion :headbang:
Mon July 30th, Coors Amphitheater in San Diego. :headbang:

Go to Rush.com and hit the tour page. The fan club to do the pre sale cost nada :cool: and the pre sale is April 10th for SoCal dates.

Jim

i got 3rd row salt lake city :kickass:

Um, bass geeks? Rush is quite possible the only band whose live shows feature more air drumming than air guitar. Get too close and you face more flying elbows than at a Slayer show.

The S&A album leaked out. I found it on IRC. It's amazing. 3 instrumentals, more acoustic guitar than they have ever used, layered keys, a mandolin, and one song features Neil on a 5 piece kit. But the lyrics are strangely angry.

BTW, now that Neil lives in West LA, anyone bump into him around town? :)