Bass strings, would you do this?

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
I had a order problem with my new bass pickups and the store basically said they will give me a complimentary set of Rotosound steel bass strings. Now I wanted to try D'addario pro steels to record with, should I still buy the pro steels to record with and keep the Rotosounds for future playing or would the difference be so minimal I should just whack these on and save myself £22?

I know Rotosound guitar strings are shite but I heard their bass strings are an improvement.

Opinions please :)

Jaymz

Rotosound strings are pretty sweet but i would go for the d'addario but of course i only play d'addario haha. cause iv tried all the big name strings and they just feel and sound the best to me. they just dont last as long as other strings do in staying bright from playing them so much.

Yeah, ive got some Warwick Black Labels on now which are cool but they have started to loose their tone and im not going to skimp on tone from simply not being arsed on changing my strings for tracking. Hows the low B sound on the D'addarios? I like that really clangy metallic sound.

take the free strings, then if you don't like them buy something else. No-brainer.

Id prefer not to put them on find out I dont like them and then buy another set and put those on. Might as well just take opinions on putting one set on and keeping it that way until I drive them into the ground.

Not to mention im gonna be tracking the bass later this week *hopefully*.

Thanks Phil!

Cool, looks like ill be going with the D'addarios and keeping the Rotos for another time. Can't sell fuck all round here Kev! Still got my cab in the garage :(

No problem dude and the rotos would be sweet for live stuff cause one bass player i know put them on his 5 string p bass and they were great for slap playing

Ah good stuff, well im not a live player at the moment im just tracking my solo projects EP! Im actually a guitar player, but im playing everything for this project. Always good to have a spare set lying around though!

Im also hoping the EMG 40DC will react better with my Sansamp BDDI, I have the HZ versions in at the moment with the active EQ but the bass knob on the bass itself always induces stupidly rumbly low mids and lack of definition if I don't have it turned all the way off.

So I guess with the actives and no active EQ, all knobs on max and away we go! Simple and effective, just how I like it! :kickass::lol: