Bass Suggestions

I love lepond but I'm not sure what he's using.

I would by a Modulus or a Fender if I were you.

thanks for the tips, which are great suggestions by the way, but I was looking for something a little more cheap (this is a secondary bass that I'm looking for that will probably be for looks).

Modulus's are REALLY pricey. If you're looking for something as a backup or along that lines I'd suggest Ibanez, mainly their Soundgear line. Or even Fender's.

If you don't have that much money to throw around (like you said), I'd recommend one of the cheaper Ibanez basses out there (I myself use a 6 string Ibanez soundgear bass). You could also go with a moderately priced ESP if its mainly metal music you're going to be playing.

5 string B.C. Rich are pretty good, and cheap and look cool. I believe Dimmu Borgir bassist uses one( not sure of that though.) :kickass:
I use a Peavey 4 string Dyna bass, but plan on getting a B.C. Rich as my Peavey is only 22 fret.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was talking to my friend and he said Dean bass' were his favorite, any comments. Also, anyone figured out about Mike Lepond's bass yet?

I play a Dean Z bass (explorer style) and its a very good selection. Cuts through nice and the neck on the Deans is super thin making it very fast to navigate. Its an inexpensive bass, but very comfortable.

I would recommend an Ibanez SR400.. Thats the soundgear line. They sound great, play great, and i think look pretty good as well. Mine cost about $400 a few years ago... I dont regret a thing.