How come no one talks about the bass?!

HateCrewDeathroll

Child Of Symphony
Nov 12, 2002
The bassist for Symphony X Is quite amazing. Sea Of Lies is one of the best songs I've ever heard, basswise. Post your comments on Mike Lepond.

Both Thomas Miller and Mike Lepond are great bassists. I don't know that much about bass b/c I'm a guitarist and piano player. Out of Ashes is a song that has excellent bass parts, as well as Egypt. All SYMPH X SONGS DO!!!!!

I thought LePond did pretty well on the live cd handling the older stuff. In fact, I prefer his playing on divine wings of tragedy more than Miller's

I prefered Thomas Miller's playing to LePond, it seems that he was much more up front in the band. Miller's playing on DWOT amazed me, and LePond hasn't done that much for me yet (then again I dont have the live album, and people say he's great on that). Especially on "Oddysey", LePond never has lead parts like Miller does on songs like "Sea of Lies".

What about the cool bass tapping licks from the intro of fallen and the part during the solo from Egypt? I think he's doing a good job as far as blending as well. Also, the live cd is a must have for your collection.