The 3/1 show ruled!!!

The Yngster

Jun 7, 2002
New York, USA
Visit site
This was my first concert, and I'm in shock of how amazing the band was. My only complaint is that they ran out of Symphony X beenies. I ended up with a black Oddysey t-shirt. There was a cool shirt with the masks on it, but they didn't have it in my size.

If I remember correctly, the setlist was:
Inferno (the perfect opener)
Wicked
Evolution
Communion and the Oracle
Smoke and Mirrors
Church of the Machine
Sea of Lies
Of Sins and Shadows

LePond and Romeo also just started jamming for a few minutes which was really cool. The guys look like they're having so much fun on stage. Sometimes Romeo would let Russel do the whammy bar, LePond even let Russ pick the strings while he worked the frets. I really hope they come back soon, I would go to the show on the 14th if it wasn't for the nine opening acts.

They changed the setlist and played stuff off of Twilight..whatdya know! I was almost certain they were going to play the same set as they did when I was there on 2-28. Must have been exciting..can't wait to head back to L'Amours in two weeks!

I am going to see them on Thursday! I am so excited that I can barely contain myself, and I've been like this since those dates were released. I am *so* excited about the possibility of multiple setlists. :) :) :) :) :)

The Yngster said:
If I remember correctly, the setlist was:
Inferno (the perfect opener)
Wicked
Evolution
Communion and the Oracle
Smoke and Mirrors
Church of the Machine
Sea of Lies
Of Sins and Shadows

LePond and Romeo also just started jamming for a few minutes which was really cool. The guys look like they're having so much fun on stage. Sometimes Romeo would let Russel do the whammy bar, LePond even let Russ pick the strings while he worked the frets. I really hope they come back soon, I would go to the show on the 14th if it wasn't for the nine opening acts.

"King of Terrors" was in there somewhere, too. Was it before Sea of Lies?

I agree that last night's show was pretty smokin'. My one complaint is that they didn't do "Egypt," but they did do CotM (which I just love), so I didn't kick their asses after the show. :D As for the 3/14 show, I know it's a long night and it's hard to sit through all those bands, but you really should reconsider your choice to not go. A Symphony X headlining show should not be missed, especially considering that there's always the possibility that they may do "Divine Wings of Tragedy" or "The Odyssey.":) Trust me, I've seen them do DWoT three or four times and it literally brought me to tears. Amazing!

~Christina

Oh yeah King of Terrors was there too. I would really love to see them on the 3/14, but its impossible for me to get a ride home at 3 o'clock in the morning. I would have been angry if they didn't play Egypt because I wanted to see LePonds solo, but they let him jam for a few minutes so I was satisfied.

Holy crap batman! That is one SICK SETLIST!
I'm seeing them in exactly one week and I'm about to crap my pants! Oh my lord!!!!!!!!!I don't know how I'm going to contain myself at that show! I have a feeling that I won't be able to talk/walk for about a week after the concert!:cry::err: LOL
:p
Rock on!:headbang:

Stardust2112 said:
"King of Terrors" was in there somewhere, too. Was it before Sea of Lies?

I agree that last night's show was pretty smokin'. My one complaint is that they didn't do "Egypt," but they did do CotM (which I just love), so I didn't kick their asses after the show. :D As for the 3/14 show, I know it's a long night and it's hard to sit through all those bands, but you really should reconsider your choice to not go. A Symphony X headlining show should not be missed, especially considering that there's always the possibility that they may do "Divine Wings of Tragedy" or "The Odyssey.":) Trust me, I've seen them do DWoT three or four times and it literally brought me to tears. Amazing!

~Christina

Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news...but there's no way they're playing "The Odyssey." I spoke to Michael Romeo and asked him that exact question, especially since Mike LePond's g-friend tipped us off that they would play it at the headlining gig! Anyway, Michael R. said it would take about 6 weeks of non-stop preparation & practice to be able to pull it off the way they wanted in a live setting, and they simply don't have the time. Now, I'm hoping more than anything that he was lying to me, but I don't think so! However, there's a really good chance they'll play DWOT, so at least we'll get that! Hell, they're gonna play for near 2 hours, so I'm sure we'll all go home very happy!

ahhh I was hoping they were going to play the entire Odyssey for the Toronto show in a few days, oh fucking well haha. I'll be happy enough seeing these guys for the first time.

My question is, how much were shirts at that show?

Yngster how far from the venue do you live?

I had my hopes up a little for them doing The Odyssey but I think I will be happy no matter what they play.

I live in Pittsburgh but I'm driving 2-1/2 hours to Cleveland (on a work night) to see these guys play. I can't wait for this freakin' show!!! I'm 32 years old and I feel like a kid waiting for fucking Christmas! It's nuts!

I know a lot of people wanted to see them perform the Odyssey, but I can't wait to hear the Divine Wings of Tragedy! That's the one I'm really want to see!

Man, this is going to be unreal! SyX headlining the show! Could it be any better?

scanner313 said:
I live in Pittsburgh but I'm driving 2-1/2 hours to Cleveland (on a work night) to see these guys play.

Ahhh I made that trip back in January of 2001 when I lived near Akron, & SymX played that first big show in P'burgh at The Beehive (before it shut down)..nothing like a show in the middle of a snowstorm, & the 2 hour drive home taking 4 hours thanks to the weather. It was all worth it though, that was a KICKASS show! Hope the weather cooperates better for you on your drive, scanner! Enjoy the show, the Agora is a great venue, & the local opener, Antithesis, is an awesome band (as well as being good friends of mine, so tell them Jax says hi if you get a chance to talk to them..hehe)!

I might be able to help, but it's a big might at this point. I'm not familiar with the area at all - what direction is your house from the venue?

Lady of the Oracle said:
Ahhh I made that trip back in January of 2001 when I lived near Akron, & SymX played that first big show in P'burgh at The Beehive (before it shut down)..nothing like a show in the middle of a snowstorm, & the 2 hour drive home taking 4 hours thanks to the weather. It was all worth it though, that was a KICKASS show! Hope the weather cooperates better for you on your drive, scanner! Enjoy the show, the Agora is a great venue, & the local opener, Antithesis, is an awesome band (as well as being good friends of mine, so tell them Jax says hi if you get a chance to talk to them..hehe)!

I wanted to attend that show... but alas, I was laid up with a knee injury. I was hoping to attend their May 2001 Pittsburgh show (the ill-fated "1st Annual" Pittsburgh Prog & Metal Festival), but Symphony X cancelled because Russell was sick.