Chicago Show!

forestofoctober1

New Metal Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
excellent excellent show, loud as hell. Twelfth Gate-cool ass band, Devin Townsend band-pretty good, and Symphony X was just how i expected them to be, brilliant. same setlist.
Inferno
Wicked
Evolution
Accolade II
Communion and the Oracle
Smoke and Mirrors
King of Terrors
Sea of Lies
Of Sins and Shadows

ENCORE Odyssey.

All I have to say about this show is that even though Russell messed up a bunch of times, he was 100 zillion times hotter than in Milwaukee. Before they left the stage I even got to grab his sweaty wrist, which was gross yet...nice...

[/droolfest]

Wasn't a bad show at all, although once again Pinella's keys were direfully buried in the mix. Eh, whatever. I'd rather they'd've played Divine Wings instead of The Odyssey, but The Odyssey is newer, so uh yeah. Way too much sound at the bass-drum end of the spectrum, wish I coulda heard Romeo's solos more clearly.

Yea it was a great show, though I think I liked the setlist better at the last show they headlined at that roadhouse place. Did anyone here see me and my friend dressed up as the mascots?

The Metal Chick said:
All I have to say about this show is that even though Russell messed up a bunch of times, he was 100 zillion times hotter than in Milwaukee. Before they left the stage I even got to grab his sweaty wrist, which was gross yet...nice...

[/droolfest]
i really dont see russel allen as the next teen heartthrob.

which is probly why they arent mainstream...

Wicked Inferno said:
i really dont see russel allen as the next teen heartthrob.

which is probly why they arent mainstream...

Yeah, well, I'm not exactly a mainstream chick ;) I will drool for whomever I please.

And ElvenShadow, I totally saw you guys there. That's pretty freakin awesome man!

yeah man, i seen you all painted up and shit, i saw you guys last year at the BG show, i was actually wondering if you were going to do that again, heh. and yes, this last show was definetely better than last time i seen them, even though they did play longer, but i just enjoyed this one better, being right on the railing for Symphony X singing every song and banging my head was extremely enjoyable.

Yeah you know the beginning of the Odyssey where it goes "To return would make my dreams come true" ? Well, he sang "I have returned to make my dreams come true." and everyone, including myself, followed his lead. But he was very professional about it, just kept going you know. He knew he messed up though, he flinched a little, hehe. There were other times during the song that he came in a little late. It was the first time I ever saw him mess up.

That was definitely a grrrreat show, as per usual.

Not quite as memorable as seeing them at the Rockhouse in Aurora, but them playing The Odyssey.... \m/ Anybody else here that was at the Rockhouse show?

I loved when that guy kept yelling DRRUUUMMM SOOLLLLOOOO and Russ finally shut him up ;)

Awakenings > Accolade 1

They've played Accolade 1 live a fair bit not Awakenings, and Awakenings is a better song IMO