Bass tone revision 2

Sounds pretty sweet, nice amount of gain. I would however probably make the highs a bit louder. But u should really record the guitars since its the most challenging thing to make the guitars and bass fit. Im pretty sure your highs will almost be inaudible with guitars in the mix tbh.

Thanks man, sounds like a fair call. I'm holding off guitars for a few weeks saving my $ for Avalon 737 and an ESP MH NT! Should be killer

Dang, the Avalon goes for around 3k $ if im not mistaken? I really like my LTD MH1000, been using it for probably 5-6 years. I acutally prefer the tone on that to the ESP Eclipse, and i guess the ESP Horizon is even better :)

Yeah looking at a second hand 737 (Or similar quality channel strip) so around the 1600 mark. I am strongly considering a MH1000, I didn't think the Horizon was worth the extra money and in fact sounded a little flabby in the low end.

Okey, i strongly recommend the NT-version then. The Seymour Duncan pickups sounds really good, compared to the EMG's on the FR-version which are okay but nothing more imo.

The NT-version looks better, cheaper and you don't have to worry about all the problems that comes with a FR. But why wouldn't u buy a FR for this genre? Just curious :)

When I play hard the FR will quaver slightly, and they are notoriously difficult to setup with thick strings. I play in B and I wouldn't use anything lighter than 64.

Gauge 64 - 72 on a FR = prolapse