Bassplayer on the run...

Tormentor

'Bugrit!'
Apr 17, 2001
Shinra Inc. - Sweden
Visit site
Hi ya'll!!

I'm getting my new computer together.
I'd like to do some bassplayin (finally) for ya'll, if possible - when I've downloaded the software.

Anyone feel like doing The Duellists, or has it already been done?
I'd be doing the bass in this case, although that would be a mountain-challange for me as I'm no longer a professional (i.e. don't practice so often)

The Clairvoyant is done, right?
I'd love doin that, otherwise.

Also, I think - in my honest opinion - we should do Aces High over, judging by what I've heard so far (on the CD I got). C'mon, we need to do it justice.

On a more personal note:
Steve, hope your family is coping relatively well and keeping the spirits up, yeah? We're here to back you up!

Hey Staffan! That's great! :headbang:

Some terrific suggestions, and I'm sure some the guitarists will be into those!

You're absolutely correct, Aces High should be re-done. It just didn't come out right the first time.

Thanks for the well wishes! :) We're hanging in there, my brother is recovering well so far, and Holly's Mom actually felt well enough to have Thanksgiving dinner with us all, so that was nice! Thanks for asking. :)

Cheers!

So Guitarists...Drummers....Singers....WAKE UP! :heh:

I want your opinions on these songs: if they're done or not, and if some of ya wants to record 'em (-again, in the case of Aces High), especially The Duellists.

Good to hear ya Steve. Thank god Thanks Giving was nice for ya'll.
Some kind of peace of mind for Holly, at least.

~ Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the wall? ~

I believe Clairvoyant hasn't been done.

I could do a rhythm guitar part for that one if it gets rolling.:)

Alright, Clairvoyant haven't been done. Splendid. Let's keep that in mind. It's a good song, but perhaps a bit tough for the singer. ;) Eddy, you'll be the rythmguitar player, OK!

Aces High, well I hear ya Jim. Actually, we better take it down a whole step in that case...and I'm all for it. Guitarists tend to get grumpy with these half-step changes. :) And we should bring the tempo down to 'record-tempo'.

umm are you kidding me.........? The Clairvoyant? God put me on this earth to play that song, so you can count me in thank you very much:)

also if your gonna re do aces high and P man doesnt wat to do it, i'll do that too:)

yeah slate me in for the clairvoyant if no-one objects..... ill give it a go.....

Same for aces high.... if the original guitarist dont mind.....if not..ill settle for just the clairvoyant then....

:)

Yikes, you fellows seems eager. :)
Well, you guys need to help me out here and settle the crew.
The definitive sign-up for The Clairvoyant.
We're going to do this 'by the book', so no sloppy playin, ya hear?! :D

The Clairvoyant:
Drums - ?
Bass - Tormented one
Guitar 1 - Eddy
Guitar 2 - ?
Vocals - Jim, would you give it a shot, and at what key?
You sound great, btw!

So...who's the best drummer here around then? :heh:

Eddy, what part do you feel doin, Adrians bit or Dave's bit?
IMO, doin Adrians bit could at times require a clean, heavly compressor/sustained guitar, that is if you don't have a guitar synth ;)
Or maybe going distortion right through, doin Adrians part, I dunno.

Shit, I need to download the software and get going.
I just got my new computer and I haven't even installed the LAN-card yet. Hope it won't make no conflict with the new PC.

By way of recording, I'm just gonna plug my bass into the soundcard and someone else can mix the bass volume (and bass-sound?) later? Guess I'll figure that out when I see it.

Steve (E_C), would you email me the details about how I can accquire the software? (if you still have my email address) :)

Hi guys,

Looks like a new recorder is livening things up again. Thats good. Looking forward to hearing your tracks/working with you Tormentor....your criticisms/comments were the best.

I can learn duelists if you get a drummer to lay down the beat. I'm always down for anything off that album. Looks like you have a full crew for Clairvoyant...Maidenman volunteered for the drums...and Medsy for the other guitar.

I'm not gonna get into who the best drummer is....we have two active drummers..in the past, Maidenman got a better recording due to his mic kit..but I understand ploughman also has one now.

I would be down for a re-make of aces high..or at least I was interested until you guys started talking tuning down. I certainly understand Jim's point..but I just spent a good week setting up the intonation on my guitar (with floyd rose tremelo) PERFECT...and I would hate to lose all the work by tuning down...so I'll pass it onto other guitar players.

I know you're meticulous, rabies.
If we did The Duellists I personally wouldn't want anybody else to do the guitars, be that 2 guitars with slightly different sounds, yeah? :) Yup, consider this a future project, for sure! I can't keep my hands off it. Yest give me some time to whip these 30-year old stale right-hand fingers in shape. ;) Now, Drummers, make yerselfs heard!

Whoa! Does it take a week to fix the intonation? :eek:
And I thought I was a bit over the edge with half hour! :D
But that's a Fender Precision. Quite easy if the neck is straight.

Originally posted by Tormentor
Yikes, you fellows seems eager. :)
Well, you guys need to help me out here and settle the crew.
The definitive sign-up for The Clairvoyant.
We're going to do this 'by the book', so no sloppy playin, ya hear?! :D

The Clairvoyant:
Drums - ?
Bass - Tormented one
Guitar 1 - Eddy
Guitar 2 - ?
Vocals - Jim, would you give it a shot, and at what key?
You sound great, btw!

So...who's the best drummer here around then? :heh:

IMO, doin Adrians bit could at times require a clean, heavly compressor/sustained guitar, that is if you don't have a guitar synth ;)

Shit, I need to download the software and get going.
I just got my new computer and I haven't even installed the LAN-card yet. Hope it won't make no conflict with the new PC.

By way of recording, I'm just gonna plug my bass into the soundcard and someone else can mix the bass volume (and bass-sound?) later? Guess I'll figure that out when I see it.

Steve (E_C), would you email me the details about how I can accquire the software? (if you still have my email address) :)

Naturally, I'd be glad to help, Tormentor!

Oddly enough, I don't seem to have your e-mail address in my address book! :err: :s If you'll send me an e-mail, I'll write back with the info you need, and I'll be sure to add it to my book this time! I think I had it on the old computer and forgot to transfer it when I switched, sorry! :)

Originally posted by Tormentor

I prefer Dave's, because they're easier (and I ain't no Yngwie Malmsteen... ;)) excluding the solos, naturally.

That's alright, Eddy.
We all do our best. ;)
My point is, and it's worth pointing out again, that we don't accept any...so called..."sloppy work", or sloppy playing. At least I don't. That means drummers have to keep time, not running behind or speed up AND to play dynamically (very important). For bassplayers; to follow the drums like they've known each other for decades. Guitarists; to play sharp, precise and with feeling (personal touch) and to have well tuned and intonated instruments. Singers have the most difficult task, in this case to make justice and to level up with Bruce. It's almost an inhumane task.

This all might seem difficult to accomplish, but it is essential.
Believe me.

Rabies, by "tuning down" (at least-) I didn't mean to actually down-tune the guitars & basses from E to D...just to change the key.

About the Clairvoyant:

Maidenman, there's no hurry and you have all December to get a decent drumtrack together, of The Clairvoyant. How many mikes do you use? The more the better. Snare & Bass & Overhead mikes? Just wondering, it's not an obligation. ;)

Medsy, think about how you could play Adrians bit, fool around with effects if you like. Tell me some examples you'ld like to try. Oh yes, you'll be the solo-guy on this one. :) (unless you want rabies to do it, involving a 3'rd guitarplayer? There's many variations I could think of)

Just to let you all know, I play with roundwound strings on my Precision, not flatwound. If you guys insist on flatwound...well, I'll let someone else do it.

---

Steve, I emailed ya, via this site.

Alright, this will be quite a challenge for me as I have been lacking the motivation to really practise my playing. Now I have all the motivation I need! :lol:

I think I have quite suitable sound for this baby, but I think I'll do some samples so you can give some comments on this matter. Won't be too soon, though, I have to get the equipment (guitar, effects) from me mate and yadda-yadda... :lol:

Damn, I feel like a kid in the candy store! :lol:

I think I should stop now...:loco:

Feeling qualified & motivated enough to do the solopart (or part of it) too, Eddy?

In all fairness (and democratic spirit) I gotta ask you too, since medsy also wants to play on The Clairvoyant. I'm pretty sure he's eager to do solo, also. Guitarists tend to be that way.

If you heard me even trying that solo, you'd regret you even asked! :lol:

No, It's all for Medsy as I know he's capable guitarist so I know he'll do excellently with it. :)

Working with honest musicians is such a delight!! :D
Cheers, Eddy!

Hope you have Maiden England, Eddy.
Study Dave there, on The Clairvoyant.
You're going to have to play Dave's melody-bit too.
(you know, the guitar-harmonics during the verse)
And you're going to do it GOOD.
Cause you can do it!
You know it.