Bat Out of Hell III

i'm a meatloaf fan. hopefully it will have some rockin tunes on it. were any songs written by jim steinman?

I just got an advance yesterday, and it has some real rocked out stuff on it. Borderline METAL! Seriously. I'm only one listen in, but it sounds really good. Lots of symphony stuff mixed in that really fills out the grandeur of the production. I'll need a few more listens to determine where this album stacks up to Mr. Loaf's other contributions to the music world.

There are several Steinman songs on this album, plus songwriting contributions from Nikki Sixx (no, I'm not joking), Steve Via, John 5, and Brian May. Produced again by Todd Rungren along with Desmond Child.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I just got an advance yesterday, and it has some real rocked out stuff on it. Borderline METAL! Seriously. I'm only one listen in, but it sounds really good. Lots of symphony stuff mixed in that really fills out the grandeur of the production. I'll need a few more listens to determine where this album stacks up to Mr. Loaf's other contributions to the music world.

There are several Steinman songs on this album, plus songwriting contributions from Nikki Sixx (no, I'm not joking), Steve Via, John 5, and Brian May. Produced again by Todd Rungren along with Desmond Child.

Everything you are saying is true, from what I have heard. I can't wait to get it. I have been hearing about the Nikki Sixx track for the last two years, Sixx has been flapping his gums about that for a while.

They were playing some of this crap on Howard Stern's show when Meatloaf was doing promotion. I didn't hear such cheesy 80's crap DURING the 80's...why foist it upon us now? :ill: :puke:

I heard a few songs and liked what I heard. I was surprised by that because I did not expect to like it.

Final evaluation might follow

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:

That sounds pretty interesting. Every time I think of Meatloaf now though I see the Fight Club version hugging Ed Norton and crying. :lol: or :cry:

Hawk said:
I heard a few songs and liked what I heard. I was surprised by that because I did not expect to like it.

Final evaluation might follow

True, I hear you, more so after hearing Bat II which to me wasn't upto snuff if you ask me...I'll be getting this along with the KISS DVD at Best Buy as they have some exclusive stuff in their versions, plus you just can't beat their prices!

sixxswine said:
True, I hear you, more so after hearing Bat II which to me wasn't upto snuff if you ask me...I'll be getting this along with the KISS DVD at Best Buy as they have some exclusive stuff in their versions, plus you just can't beat their prices!

Thanks for the BB plug - I was gonna buy mine at Circuit City... $9.99 but no exclusives.

Can't wit to get my hands on this CD. :Smokin:
PMR

sixxswine said:
The way I understood it there are a handful of them...

none of the steinman songs are new though. they are all rehashed from other steinman projects. nikki sixx only wrote one song for the album and from what i hear its the worst one. nikki did write a lot of meatloaf's last album though. i'm gettin it now for sure though. the cover art looks badass i just hope it doesn't have the same problem as bat 2 and that its too long