Bathory - Nordland I

What do you think of the new Bathory album?

• It rocks! Glad to have the epic stuff back!

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • It's okay.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It should have remained frozen in a glacier.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who the hell is Bathory?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haven't heard it yet.

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
I'm very glad he went back to the folk influenced sound. Destroyer of Worlds was a huge let down. Nordland I is by far my favorite Bathory album so far. I can't wait until Nordland II is released. I'm sure it will be just as fucking good. I want more acoustic tracks though!

I have to agree with you about Destroyer Of Worlds. He couldn't have even destroyed a Third World country with that album, much less a whole world. The few 'epic' tracks on that album were the only thing that saved it from the shitcan.

They're not near as bad as DOW. He does try to sing more often which detracts from it a bit. Truthfully, the vocals seem to be pushed back more into the mix to make more room for the guitars, which are now tuned lower. It's heavier but still epic. It's also worth the money if you ask me.

I must be living in a Nordic Ice Cave, I didn't even know there was a new Bathory album in the works. Glad to hear it's better than DoW, which I agree was a big letdown.

I like the new Bathory album but I don't know if it's just because I haven't listened to it enough times or what but it's still not near the standards of Twilight OF The Gods or Hammerheart. I'd have to say the Twilight..is my all time favorite. I am very pleased he returned to the Nordic epic theme being an Odinist myself I just can't get enough of it.
On another note...am I the only one on the planet that doesn't think that Destroyer...sucked? Granted some of the tunes on it were lacking but there were some damn good ones also. I love Bathory though so I like just about anything they've done although both Requiem and Octagon have about a foot of dust on them at present.