Batman

Evil Dead

Hail to the King baby
Mar 19, 2002
Kansas City
Ok saw batman. It was bad ass with a capital BAD ASS. The Joker, amazing. And I don't say this cuz the kid died, he totally captured what the Joker should be. And, he performs the BEST magic trick ever on screen, promise!

Before the movie is a preview for The Watchman, and that looks fucking sweet too. Nothing like seeing a superhero made of pure energy walking through the jungles of Vietnam making vietcong evaporate with his touch

Batman was good...too long...too much shit squeezed into one movie...too preachy. Joker was amazing. Way over hyped...not as good as the first...not even close.

The Watchman did look awesome...I never read that series though.

Batman was good...too long...too much shit squeezed into one movie...too preachy. Joker was amazing. Way over hyped...not as good as the first...not even close.
A great movie can never be too long.

You thought the Tim Burton film was better? The one with Jack Nicholson dancing around to Prince music? :err:

A great movie can never be too long.

You thought the Tim Burton film was better? The one with Jack Nicholson dancing around to Prince music? :err:

i was wondering the same thing. :err:
i loved 'The Dark Knight' and i'm not even a DC comic fan.

The Watchman did look awesome...I never read that series though.

I agree totally. Way too long, people standing around blabbing, and not as interesting as Batman Begins.

We're in the minority I guess on this one....

I agree totally. Way too long, people standing around blabbing, and not as interesting as Batman Begins.

We're in the minority I guess on this one....

Too much preaching...it was cornier than Batman Begins.

Also...the whole Two Face thing was too rushed and the motivation for him to become so insanely evil was wasn't really there...refusing treatment and all that...he would have died from gangrene...or at the very least, his eyeball would have dried up like a raisin.

The dark knight should have been just that...dark. The Joker stole the show.

When Batman was beating the hell out of the Joker in the interrogation...how is it that no make up came off on Batman's glove? Also...how is it that is face and jaw showed no sign of the beating...his eye socket would have collapsed and his jaw would have been broken. Batman would obviously be one of the world's greatest martial artists...and wearing armored glove...there certainly would have been much damage.

It was good...not great. Maggie Gyllenhaal's performance sucked bad too. Katie Holmes was actually better...surprisingly.

Also...the whole Two Face thing was too rushed and the motivation for him to become so insanely evil was wasn't really there...refusing treatment and all that...he would have died from gangrene...or at the very least, his eyeball would have dried up like a raisin.

When Batman was beating the hell out of the Joker in the interrogation...how is it that no make up came off on Batman's glove? Also...how is it that is face and jaw showed no sign of the beating...his eye socket would have collapsed and his jaw would have been broken. Batman would obviously be one of the world's greatest martial artists...and wearing armored glove...there certainly would have been much damage.

It was good...not great. Maggie Gyllenhaal's performance sucked bad too. Katie Holmes was actually better...surprisingly.

first of all... suspend disbelief. nobody dies of gangrene in comics unless their character is no longer needed. :p
as for the makeup thing, he did lose makeup, from my recollection. i remember actually thinking about the amount of makeup missing in one scene. it was quite a lot, actually.

i cant say i liked Katie Holmes' performance any better than Maggie Gyllenhaal's. i find them both equally annoying.

first of all... suspend disbelief. nobody dies of gangrene in comics unless their character is no longer needed. :p
as for the makeup thing, he did lose makeup, from my recollection. i remember actually thinking about the amount of makeup missing in one scene. it was quite a lot, actually.

i cant say i liked Katie Holmes' performance any better than Maggie Gyllenhaal's. i find them both equally annoying.

he did lose makeup...but not in that scene...which made no sense.

I found the movie mildly entertaining but way over-hyped.

A disappointment after Batman Begins.

dude its a comic book movie, it aint supposed to be realistic. The Maggie chick was just an uglier version of Katie Holmes, she was annoying.

Is it just me or are they hyping this film up only because this was the gay cowboy guy's last character ever?

Is it just me or are they hyping this film up only because this was the gay cowboy guy's last character ever?

i dont think so. i mean, i'm sure there's a certain amount of that because of his death, but truly, he did an amazing job with this character. he deserves all the hype his role is receiving.

Cmon, Tim Burton's Batman was overhyped something fierce. I still remember being awestruck at the advertisements for it, like 9 months in advance. Ya just didn't do that back then! It was too long before the film.

The so-called trailers were just a black screen, the music, and ended with that stupid yellow insignia. And how the audience cheered!

I was like, "Da fuck is this shit?!"

And the merchandise! Every dipshit and his uncle wandered around all summer long with black baseball caps brandishing stupid yellow bats. And still four months before the movie was due. And two months before a real trailer started showing some actual film footage.

And then the TV commercials appeared. And my mother ominously shuddered, "Oh, that Joker is really dark and serious in this film..." I suppose Jack Nicholson's Joker was seriously bad-ass compared to Cesar Romero's howling performances in the TV series.

And I marvelled at a movie where the villain gets more advertising time than the hero. That was a groundbreaking idea. Every shot was of Nicholson as a gangster or Joker. Only a sliver of the Batman appeared between the next Nicholson shot. (I suppose that's because Nicholson was the big star; the predecessor having been Superman, where Gene Hackman and Marlon Brando got all the face time in the ads, even though the movie was called Superman, starring some unknown guy called Christopher Reeves.)

And... finally... Batman appeared.

My brother saw it eight times. He complained how the New Haven crowds were stiff cadavers compared to the Boston crowds, who shouted and howled during the whole movie, rising to a shrieking crescendo of glee when the Bat Plane soared in front of the moon, appearing like the Batman insignia!

And gradually, Batman faded away. More merchandising, video games, etc. But less and less.

Tim Burton's Batman set the trend for modern movie hype: Start early, start quietly, and increase the volume and merchandising as time goes on.

The method was perfected with MALCOLM X, when all the brothas were duped into buying X-shit like a whole year in advance!!

I haven't seen the Dark Knight yet. I was bored with Batman Begins. Tim Burton's Batman was entertaining. Its three sequels got progressively irritating as Burton's replacement attempted to recreate the gaudy stupidity of the TV series.

Jurched

Cmon, Tim Burton's Batman was overhyped something fierce. I still remember being awestruck at the advertisements for it, like 9 months in advance. Ya just didn't do that back then! It was too long before the film.

The so-called trailers were just a black screen, the music, and ended with that stupid yellow insignia. And how the audience cheered!

I was like, "Da fuck is this shit?!"

And the merchandise! Every dipshit and his uncle wandered around all summer long with black baseball caps brandishing stupid yellow bats. And still four months before the movie was due. And two months before a real trailer started showing some actual film footage.

And then the TV commercials appeared. And my mother ominously shuddered, "Oh, that Joker is really dark and serious in this film..." I suppose Jack Nicholson's Joker was seriously bad-ass compared to Cesar Romero's howling performances in the TV series.

And I marvelled at a movie where the villain gets more advertising time than the hero. That was a groundbreaking idea. Every shot was of Nicholson as a gangster or Joker. Only a sliver of the Batman appeared between the next Nicholson shot. (I suppose that's because Nicholson was the big star; the predecessor having been Superman, where Gene Hackman and Marlon Brando got all the face time in the ads, even though the movie was called Superman, starring some unknown guy called Christopher Reeves.)

And... finally... Batman appeared.

My brother saw it eight times. He complained how the New Haven crowds were stiff cadavers compared to the Boston crowds, who shouted and howled during the whole movie, rising to a shrieking crescendo of glee when the Bat Plane soared in front of the moon, appearing like the Batman insignia!

And gradually, Batman faded away. More merchandising, video games, etc. But less and less.

Tim Burton's Batman set the trend for modern movie hype: Start early, start quietly, and increase the volume and merchandising as time goes on.

The method was perfected with MALCOLM X, when all the brothas were duped into buying X-shit like a whole year in advance!!

I haven't seen the Dark Knight yet. I was bored with Batman Begins. Tim Burton's Batman was entertaining. Its three sequels got progressively irritating as Burton's replacement attempted to recreate the gaudy stupidity of the TV series.

Jurched

go ahead and see it, my love. it's actually really good.
i didnt like 'Batman Begins,' either, but this one is exceptional.

I finally saw this movie. And I have to say it does kick fucking ass. One fierce, bizzare ride. Joker was totally awesome.

Loved Batman Begins, loved Dark Knight. Thought Heath Ledger (who I'm not a fan of) did an amazing job as Joker and totally owned the part.

he did lose makeup...but not in that scene...which made no sense.

I found the movie mildly entertaining but way over-hyped.

A disappointment after Batman Begins.

Agreed. I did like the movie a bit more than you did but, completely agree about the hype. Too many times, a movie is grabbed a hold of by the media and hyped liked crazy. Finally, when I see the movie everyone is talking about. I am disappointed.
Cases in point:
Blair Witch
Napoleon Dynamite
Although, I did find the new Batman to be better than both of the above mentioned.