Battle for the (30+Min) Crown!

Which One Song Epic Opus is better?

• Edge of Sanity's "Crimson" 40:02

Votes: 70 89.7%
  • Green Carnation's "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" 59:06

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters
FuckinShit said:
it's not doom. stop calling everything doom, you don't have any idea about doom.
kew

This FuckinShit again!

Yo, take my fucking dick out your mouth and stop posting to everything I post like a lost puppy following someone home.

IT IS A GENERAL STATEMENT!

Do you even listen to the lyrics? Or do you have to read them to understand them? You sound like a loser waiting for someone to make any slight mistake and then you hop on them like a hungry cheetah.

Get off my shit! Nuff' said!

Staffan said:
Maybe I have misundertanded it all but are Dan Swanö and jonas renkse related?
I voted Crimson :headbang:

No, Dan and Jonas are not related by blood. Jonas and his brothers (Mikael Akerfeldt, Dan Swano, Anders Blackkheim Nystrom) share a bond thicker than blood, music. They are all brothers from different mothers but have a virtually impenetrable bond. Not only do they hang out together, they suppossedly also jam together and make incredible music in their bands-Opeth, Sorskogen, Diabolical Masquerade, Edge of Sanity (and Dan Swano's other millions of side projects) October Tide, and the immortal KATATONIA!

They are all just fucking incredible! HAILS my Swedish brothers!

Shogunautz said:
IT IS A GENERAL STATEMENT!

Do you even listen to the lyrics? Or do you have to read them to understand them? You sound like a loser waiting for someone to make any slight mistake and then you hop on them like a hungry cheetah.

Get off my shit! Nuff' said!

STOP CALLING EVERYTHING DOOM YOU FUCKER.
Doom is first of all a musical genre, so it has to do with a sound (lyrics come later) - doom started with Black Sabbath and developed much later with bands like Candlemass, Cathedral, My Dying Bride, Skepticism...
the thing that's common to all of them is that they played their mournful lyrics with very HEAVY and very s l o w riffs.
Today among doom bands you can find Shape of Despair, My Shameful, While Heaven Wept and more...
GREEN CARNATION ISN'T DOOM
KATATONIA ISN'T DOOM
YA MAMA ISN'T DOOM

FuckinShit said:
STOP CALLING EVERYTHING DOOM YOU FUCKER.
Doom is first of all a musical genre, so it has to do with a sound (lyrics come later) - doom started with Black Sabbath and developed much later with bands like Candlemass, Cathedral, My Dying Bride, Skepticism...
the thing that's common to all of them is that they played their mournful lyrics with very HEAVY and very s l o w riffs.
Today among doom bands you can find Shape of Despair, My Shameful, While Heaven Wept and more...
GREEN CARNATION ISN'T DOOM
KATATONIA ISN'T DOOM
YA MAMA ISN'T DOOM

"YA MAMA ISN'T DOOM!"? What a fucking cornball!

So if it is HEAVY and SLOW it is DOOM? So you are telling me that bands with heavy and slow riffing, such as BRUTAL DEATH METAL bands, are doom? HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA! You are dumber and more uninformed tha I thought! Black Sabbath could HARDLY pass for DOOM! LOL! So for example, DEEDS OF FLESH is DOOM? HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I wonder how long you have been in the underground music. Of course I am not asking you this question because you'll just lie on the message board so you can sound like you know something.

You know what, let's not even argue anymore. The people will speak for themselves on my next thread!

Shogunautz said:
"YA MAMA ISN'T DOOM!"? What a fucking cornball!

So if it is HEAVY and SLOW it is DOOM? So you are telling me that bands with heavy and slow riffing, such as BRUTAL DEATH METAL bands, are doom? HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA! You are dumber and more uninformed tha I thought! Black Sabbath could HARDLY pass for DOOM! LOL! So for example, DEEDS OF FLESH is DOOM? HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I wonder how long you have been in the underground music. Of course I am not asking you this question because you'll just lie on the message board so you can sound like you know something.

You know what, let's not even argue anymore. The people will speak for themselves on my next thread!

omg. so fuckin stupid.

I would continue commenting, but it isn't worth it since obviously you never heard doom. So i'll just leave you with your ignorance:rolleyes:

I don't consider current Katatonia to be doom either...one thing I have observed is that the word has been increasingly been used to describe the melancholic nature of the music instead of its heaviness, sort of how the term prog encompasses music outside of its original definition...

Shogunautz said:
It's only one song each and they're both definitely worth it.

:lol: Now THAT, dear friend, is highly misleading. I wonder how many (if any at all) fell into the trap of downloading them solely because it´s *only* one song and thus shouldn´t have to take too long to download :lol:

Oh.. and i think i´d vote for Crimson.. i don´t like some parts of Light of day, whereas there isn´t really any part in Crimson that i genuinely dislike. Me? Swanö fanatic? No way :p (Honestly though, not a fanatic :Spin: )

LOL! It says the length of each song on the question poll. You should have known it would take a while.

I agree with your statment though, CRIMSON in it's entirerity is AMAZING as opposed to Light of Day which has a lot of good parts but also has annoying parts as well! All the parts with crying babies are annoying. Some of the children parts are ALSO annoying! Anyways, CRIMSON wins!

I also agree with someone else's that Green Carnation's first album is definitely DOOM!

Shogunautz said:
No, Dan and Jonas are not related by blood. Jonas and his brothers (Mikael Akerfeldt, Dan Swano, Anders Blackkheim Nystrom) share a bond thicker than blood, music. They are all brothers from different mothers but have a virtually impenetrable bond. Not only do they hang out together, they suppossedly also jam together and make incredible music in their bands-Opeth, Sorskogen, Diabolical Masquerade, Edge of Sanity (and Dan Swano's other millions of side projects) October Tide, and the immortal KATATONIA!

They are all just fucking incredible! HAILS my Swedish brothers!

Ok hehe!