Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Okay, so the last match was a blowout. Will today's be any closer?

Let's go back to the 70's to consider some of the grandfathers of heavy metal: Alice Cooper vs. Black Sabbath. Both have had their ups and downs over three decades, raising the ire of many parents in the meantime, but continue on to this day, showing the strength of metal.

Who do you like better?

Black Sabbath is the best thing that happened to music.
They invented Heavy Metal. Some say Led Zep. invented Heavy Metal, but Led Zep. just invented hard rock.
Black Sabbath invented HEAVY METAL!

I'm gonna tip my hat to Alice Cooper, but lets clarify: I mean the Alice Cooper group. I mean the albums
Pretties For You
Easy Action
Love It Death
Killer
Schools Out
Billion Dollar Babies
Muscle of Love

I'm talking about Glen Buxton, Micheal Bruce, Dennis Dunaway and Neal Smith. Yes, I would take this group over sabbath. People always say Sabbath this, and Sabbath that, but this group never gets acknowledged. Most people only have a surface deep knowledge of the music this group created, but it is the album tracks, not the singles or the "best of" compilations. Songs like "The Ballad of Dwight Fry," "Caught in a Dream," "Dead Babies," "Killer," "Halo of Flies," "Gutter Cats vs. the Jets," "Generation Landslide," "Unfinished Sweet," "the man with the Golden Gun." Go listen to these tunes, then tell me.

Solo Alice vs. Sabbath. I'll have to give the nod to Sabbath. Alice's concept albums were great, but they weren't worth breaking up the group over. I'll still take ALice over Ozzy anyday though.

This is a tough one-I like Sabbath with Ozzy AND Dio but everything else is crap. Then you have A Cooper...Good 70's music until he went clean cut in the late 70's-early 80's. Then he released "He's Back (the Man Behind the Mask)" Ouch! But wait! "Raise Your Fist and Yell" was a good comeback, but after that it was pretty much downhill again. I'd have to say Sabbath by a butt-hair.

Well, I really choose neither, I didn't vote.
Simply b/c black sabbath, blah blah granddaddies 'o metal and all, but they sounded like shit!
I know it's just the equiptment they used for recording and such, but i can't bear to listen to it.
I barely like any Alice Cooper stuff. I don't know why.
But I REALLY dig a sabbath cover! Either w/ ozzy, or without him, Sabbath covers have that crisp sound I love.
That's why The Black Sabbath ''Reunion" Album is my fave sabbath album.

And best Sabbath song - ever, goes to "Changes" in my book.

dammit! I missed this one! I dunno how but I did. you should reopen it just so I can give sabbath the vote. I don't think you should have paird cooper with sabbath. maybe led zepelin but not cooper... oh well you're the boss of your own polls.
anyway I always vote for whose tatooed on my arm.
-Jono-