Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
As the battle of the heavyweights is winding down (if you haven't voted in the Metallica-Megadeth battle yet, please do...it's tied with an hour left), this next match is a little bit lighter...an 80's hair band special!

Motley Crue vs. Twisted Sister

Make-up, silk scarves, and metal music, something that we'd like to forget sometimes, but these were two of the most entertaining metal acts in their day. They've fallen, and fallen hard, since the end of the eighties, but the Crue has slugged away trying to relive past glories, and Twisted Sister is set t o attempt a comeback. Will anyone care?

So who do you like better?

Twisted fuckin Sister!!!

You Can't Stop Rock and Roll is a classic IMO, and Stay Hungry was one of my first metal albums. Crue had a good run in the 80's, but while TS broke up instead of trying to beat a dead horse, Crue killed themselves by putting out some pretty awful shit in the 90's. Plus, I'm still pissed off at the Crue for the whole "Minimum Rock" fiasco where they dumped Anthrax.

Alright, so 80's hair bands are a popular choice here
outtahere.gif

I'm guessing the winner of this matchup will get slaughtered in round two, but you know what?
flipa.gif
I don't care, because I cut my teeth on Motley Crue and Twisted Sister...they opened the door for me to listen to the Anthraxes and the Metallicas, so they do hold a special place for me. That's why I didn't post on the bands you're ashamed to admit that you like thread, because fuck it man, it's my taste, I can like whoever the hell I want, and I'm not ashamed to say that I was a huge Twisted Sister fan, and actually I still respect them. So I respect you not liking either, as long as you respect that I do like'em. Cheers to that
beerchug.gif

(Holy making use of the new smilies, Batman!
batman.gif
)

How in the fuck could you come up with such a ridiculous battle. Twisted fucking Sister were more metal on "Love is for Suckers" than Motley Crue ever were. Let alone the real TS records (under the blade, ycsrnr, stay hungry) This battle is a joke right???

I can't believe Motley Crue are winning this poll. That doesn't bode well for the taste or depth of hard rock knowledge amongst this board......... *TD is very dissapointed with you and is gonna go make fun of this board at other boards using another name*

I think Twisted Sister has probably done more for metal then Motley ever has but I just never could get into TS. Since I'm basing my votes only on my personal taste I voted for Motley.

Originally posted by TD
How in the fuck could you come up with such a ridiculous battle. Twisted fucking Sister were more metal on "Love is for Suckers" than Motley Crue ever were. Let alone the real TS records (under the blade, ycsrnr, stay hungry) This battle is a joke right???

I agree with this completly....

Originally posted by TD
I can't believe Motley Crue are winning this poll. That doesn't bode well for the taste or depth of hard rock knowledge amongst this board......... *TD is very dissapointed with you and is gonna go make fun of this board at other boards using another name*

:lol: :)

This would almost be as bas as Priest losing to Motorhead... :D

Awww, the poll closed already :cry: I wanted to vote for Twisted Sister cos I've never listened to Motley Crue before!

Funnily enough, this morning I received my cassette copy of Look What The Cat Dragged In by Poison. As far as commercial music goes, this is good shit! :D

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off like a rant. No hard feelings.

BTW I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that Crue won, especially by such a large margin. Oh, well....
schuss.gif

Hey, nothing against Twisted Sister, but I think that only reason that Motley Crue won this one is because of the amount of people here like me(that actually were around when Motley Crue was the shit). When I was in grade school, Motley Crue(especially "Shout at the Devil") was fairly brutal, and kinda like a death metal album, at least for back then. I know that pushing it, but for real, their was really only Iron Maiden that was heavier, and I was on the verge of discovering Metallica's "Kill em all". Which when that happened, stuff like Motley Crue quickly became secondary to me and the rest is history. But I can still listen 2 "Shout at the Devil" as I think it's easily their best! Twisted Sisters albums never did that for me. I was still pretty young when "Stay Hungry" was huge, but that was right about the time I was totally into the previously mentioned Iron Maiden, which ofcourse still kicks some major ass!

Cheerz!

AugDawg