Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Today's match is Iced Earth vs. Sonata Arctica!

Who do you like better and why?

For the benefit of those that haven't heard the bands before, feel free to post recommended songs to listen to in order to sway the voting.

This poll will close in 48 hours.

Sonata is a very good melodic power metal band from Scandinavia.

Iced Earth is a great thrashy power metal band from the USA, incorporating some of the best riffs heard since late '80s Metallica.

I voted Iced Earth. :cool:

Originally posted by markgugs
Sonata is a very good melodic power metal band from Scandinavia.

Iced Earth is a great thrashy power metal band from the USA, incorporating some of the best riffs heard since late '80s Metallica.

I voted Iced Earth. :cool:
SONATA ARCTICA IS FROM FINLAND!!!!!!
They represent the young blood of melodic metal, Jani Liimatainen is a marvelous guitar player, the singer is excellent (in studio), teh drummer is very good too.
Thei keyboard player mikko levaed the band, but in the new cd they will have the keyboard player from Stratovarius.
Sonata Rules
Prevent the Destruction!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to vote for Sonata Arctica just because they are perhaps one of the best Angra replicas out there...well, very similar, perhaps not a replica. Iced Earth is also an excellent band but I'm going to go with the underdog here.

Originally posted by markgugs
Right, and Finland is in Scandinavia, so what are you talking about?
yesterday news is that scandinavia is a new african country with nothing in common with finland. at least in metalfox's newspaper :D

Originally posted by metalfox
The President of a new african country have been elected
you, mr. metafrox? :D

as for the poll, i don't drool for either of those bands, but sonata arctica got my vote.

I don't like any Sonata Artica songs and I once liked an Iced Earth song for about 15 minutes so I voted for IE