Battle of the Bands Round 10: Led Zeppelin Vs Queen

The Zep Vs The Queen

• Zeppelin

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Queen

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had to go with Queen. Both bands had a huge influence on me on the way to the music that I listen today.
I like Zep, but sometimes I think that Plant goes over the top a little with his vocals. Dont get me wrong, he is a fabulous singer with a graet voice.... it's just the Ohhh Ohh baby shit taht drives me insane some of the time.
I love a shitload of Zeppelin songs. Too many to mention.

Queen just plain rule! I love their sound. I love their vocal harmonies, I love Brian May's geetar tone, and Freddy Mercuray is one of my fave singers and frontmen of all time.

I really love 'Dont stop me Now'. Great song... especially the intro!

Zeppelin, though im not really into either band, but I like more Zep songs so they get my vote :D

Queen. Zeppelin, while they have a few great songs, are just too long, boring and trippy for me, and Robert Plant annoys me. I'm becoming something of a Queen fan, and Mark & I tore the roof of the place at his wedding reception when we sang Bohemian Rhapsody, so Queen it is.

At the risk of getting punches thrown at me from all corners of this forum, I think 'Led Zeppelin' are one of, if not the, most overated bands in the history of modern music.

On the other hand, we have 'Queen', one of the greatest rock bands to ever grace the planet. This is the most clear cut poll yet...

Agreed Blitzy. Zepp are very overrated. I do like alot of their material, but they get most, if not all of the praise as 70's hero's and big influences, and they totally shadow out the likes of Sabbath and Purple

Queen wins hands down for me. they're one of my favourite bands, and i think Brian May is just such an amazing guitarist (Jimmy Page is too). There's no real contest for me, though. i've never really liked Zeppelin. Again, i just can't seem to get into them. the solo for "all of your lovin'" (or whatever the song's called) is great, though. Not a patch on the solos in Bohemian Rhapsody, though. *Douw, waaaah-de-la-waaaaaaah, douw, WAAAAAAAH* *air guitars solo*