The 10 Greatest Rock'n'Roll riffs ever!

Some of my favourite riffs are in about a million RATT songs (THE KINGS OF RIFFING) plus stuff like Kingdom Come - Do You Like It (great riff, great song), Firehouse - All She Wrote even if it is a rip-off from Ratt - Round & Round but as I said Ratt riffs are awesome so that's all good, Van Halen - Unchained, and I would agree with AC/DC - Back In Black, classic!!!

The top 4 you could probably agree with actually. Not too bad a list all up, considering some of the crap ones we have seen recently.

Nice list,

but I don't think The White Stripes should be there, not because of the lack of time they've been around, but because although it's an awesome riff, riffs like that do come surprisingly often. Silverchair's "Anthem for the year 2000" had one of the best riffs I'd heard, but now it's forgotten about. I can only see the same for Seven Nation Army.

That list is OK up until number 8...

- Why the fuck is Seven Nation Army there? It's a mediocre song at best that gets incredibly annoying if you listen to it more than once in a day.
- Stairway to Heaven is a good song (way, WAY over-rated IMO but that's a different story)... it doesn't deserve to be in the "best riffs of all time" category.
- Thunderstruck is very over-rated and I would call it boring at best.

hahaha, I don't really like Silverchair that much, I'm just saying that the riff in that song is a monster riff that hit you hard like the first time you hear Seven Nation Army, but no one seems to remember it now.