BB III sound

Insania

As Good As Dead
Jun 7, 2002
Sacramento
Visit site
Hate to say it, but Testament's sound was as bad as I ever remember -- not the guys fault, the distortion from the speakers was so bad I swear it took halfway through each song to figure out what was being played.

I got up close, got far away, but really nothing helped. I would have preferred much less volume if it could have cleaned up the sound. Someone was obviously trying to adjust the mix during the whole show. One thing was clear enough, though -- Chuck! His growling was just as good as I remember. Made it a great show nonetheless.

On stage do they have an idea of how it sounds in the crowd -- do their monitors pick this up, or are they separate?

Also, later in line for beer, I asked Jack about the Vegas show -- he really didn't say Exodus wasn't gonna play, but also didn't say they would. Schedule problem, I think.

If EXODUS wanted to play, they would have made room for it........
Sorry for the sound problems, but thats the whole deal with doing a one off show, there's no time to tweak it for the next night, or figure out, how to improve the equipment that you got in time, before the sets over. The feedback was from the monitors, & the guy doing that job sucked, he was the house guy the venue suppiled with the equipment. When Testament does tour they always bring their own Monitor Man, just to avoid this problem. I know the band does care how they sound, but once they are up on stage, there's nothing for them to do, but play...................they can't wait for the next tour.......hope you guys can........

Fair enough. We still had a good time -- my bro and I always respect true metal regardless of how it comes off. And, we still get to see/hear the 95% that's still to come... Fuck Yea!

All hail the Monitor Man!