BB Kings charging extra for advanced seating?

ravage2020

Feb 6, 2005
aston, pa
profile.myspace.com
I have noticed for most of the prog,power,heavy (etc.) metal acts they have started charging 15-50 dollars extra per ticket (optional) for a poster and to get in before anyone else. Does anyone know if this a new trend or something the bands themselves would come up with?

Personally I think it sucks because we drive a long distance etc. etc. anyway.

Done whining now..

How much does a poster cost to venues? $1-2? They offer an incentive like a cheap poster, and to let you in early. So by charging you $15 more, its an easy, cheap way to make an extra $12-13 with little to no effort at all. Good marketing, if you ask me.

It is totally a B.B. King's thing, and I think it sucks. They charge even more than that sometimes. For Emporer, the tix are $60 and it's $100 to get in early. The poster is signed and you get preferred standing room. So, basically they have eliminated the advantage to the age old ritual of getting to the venue hours early to wait in line so you get a good spot AND their making a profit on it.

Like they're not making enough on the $7 beers.

AMBR said:
Like they're not making enough on the $7 beers.

Like the House of Blues in Los Angeles, I usually am the designated driver and pay $6 bucks for a soda but I can get a beer for $5. Once in a while I get the ultimately cool bartender who comps my sodas and I tip them well for understanding.

They also have a thing where if you eat dinner there before the show you get moved to the front of the entrance line with your dining reciept, there is however a $25 minimum purchase to do this.