BBQ Meet Up

Diab0lique

Nickels is money too
Sep 19, 2011
We're planning a lunch meet up at the Atlanta Bar-B-Q Festival. It's happening at Atlantic Station. I know there are other scheduled lunches during the fest so I don't want to screw up anyone's plans, but if you can join us please do!

The fest doesn't open up until 4 on Friday so the meetup will be Saturday at noon.

Tickets are $6 in advance or $10 at the fest. http://www.atlbbqfest.com/tickets.php

Link to event on FB. https://www.facebook.com/events/224258897697399/

Just look for the ProgPowerUSA/metal t-shirts! \m/

Fox Borothers is the real deal. They are relatively new in Atlanta (like... not 25+ years in business) but have really good food. Keep in mind - your ticket does NOT include price of food!

This may potentially kill me. I have lost about 40 lbs in the past 18 months, mainly by cutting out my 4 major food groups: pizza, sweet tea, French fries and BBQ! The combination of PP attendees and BBQ may be too much for me to resist.

This may potentially kill me. I have lost about 40 lbs in the past 18 months, mainly by cutting out my 4 major food groups: pizza, sweet tea, French fries and BBQ! The combination of PP attendees and BBQ may be too much for me to resist.

Take it from the resident workout warrior here
1 4 day weekend is not going to kill you if you keep up your diet before PP.
Hell,what I do is go on a mega metabolism speed up diet(7-8 small meals a day)right until I get there..
You metabolism is humming so efficiantly at that point that it will slice up and burn at least the next 2 to 3 days of bad habits

Hell,what I do is go on a mega metabolism speed up diet(7-8 small meals a day)right until I get there..
You metabolism is humming so efficiantly at that point that it will slice up and burn at least the next 2 to 3 days of bad habits

I have to start doing something like this:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/193539-how-to-eat-6-to-8-meals-a-day-to-lose-weight/

Right now my work / sleep schedule is so warped I often only eat 2 big meals per day, and I haven't hit the gym for months. With any luck, my schedule will be changing soon...

I'm mostly concerned that I will be like a recovering crack addict trying to "take just one hit".

I'm mostly concerned that I will be like a recovering crack addict trying to "take just one hit".
You should be taking a "small hit"(ie a cheat meal) once a week to begin with,if anything to jolt your metabolism (as if you eat too clean your metabolism will adjust and start to store fat even if you are dieting and excersizing perfectly)

one cheat meal of your favorite food (even if unhealthy) will actually improve your metabolism.
Try it this weekend,you won't go back
get that bbq

(again,look at pics of me,a total hard body who is a workout warrior,and who is evangellical in helping others get on the right track if possible)

Calling Powermad peeps - BBQ reunion? ;)

I'm afraid the flavor will not be as enjoyable.......there's something very special about "your first time".....

Man, that was some special barbecue! Have you been by there lately? Does that place still exist, by any chance?

You should be taking a "small hit"(ie a cheat meal) once a week to begin with,if anything to jolt your metabolism (as if you eat too clean your metabolism will adjust and start to store fat even if you are dieting and excersizing perfectly)

one cheat meal of your favorite food (even if unhealthy) will actually improve your metabolism.
Try it this weekend,you won't go back
get that bbq

(again,look at pics of me,a total hard body who is a workout warrior,and who is evangellical in helping others get on the right track if possible)

Thanks for the advice!

I'm afraid the flavor will not be as enjoyable.......there's something very special about "your first time".....

Man, that was some special barbecue! Have you been by there lately? Does that place still exist, by any chance?

I've been back to Baltimore once in the last 4.5 years, I have nooo idea if it's still there.

Fox Borothers is the real deal. They are relatively new in Atlanta (like... not 25+ years in business) but have really good food.

Atlanta weather Storms pound area; 8 injured in Fayette County
Story posted 2012.08.02 at 11:32 PM EDT
By David Ibata , Angel K. Brooks

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

240.jpeg

Powerful thunderstorms rolled through the metro Atlanta area Thursday evening, and eight people suffered minor injuries after a lightning strike in Fayette County.

The storms brought down trees and knocked out power for thousands as forecasters issued a flash flood warning for parts of Fulton and DeKalb counties.

In Fayette County, a family was sitting under an awning when lightning struck a house in the 400 block of Hilo Road, the fire department said. Eight people were taken to a hospital with minor injuries, and the house sustained approximately $1,000 worth of damage, Channel 2 Action News reported .

An Atlanta eatery also was damaged during the storms. A tree came down on the main dining rooms at Fox Brothers BBQ at 1238 DeKalb Ave. in the Candler Park neighborhood. One of the owners told Channel 2 that no one was hurt, but he could not say when the restaurant may reopen.

"They say it sounded like the end of the world," Justin Fox of Fox Brothers BBQ said.

There were customers in the restaurant at the time.

"There were a few tables where it happened, but fortunately, they saw it happening and were able to get out," Fox said.

A Georgia Power spokesman said heavy winds were believed responsible for bringing down trees and power lines. As of 7:30 p.m., about 2,500 customers, mostly in east Atlanta, were without electricity. Most were expected to have their power restored within 30 minutes, he said.

At one point during the evening, the FAA reported weather-related gate hold and taxi delays of up to an hour for departures at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. The rain also caused a delay at Turner Field, where the Braves were hosting the Marlins.

The National Weather Service in Peachtree City issued a flash flood warning until 2 a.m. for central Fulton County, including Buckhead, and west central DeKalb County.

Additional rainfall was likely, and the Weather Service warned of flooding of small creeks, streams, highways, underpasses and other low-lying areas.

Channel 2 Action News chief meteorologist Glenn Burns said to expect more rain and scattered storms Friday and through the weekend.

There is a 60 percent chance of rain Friday and Saturday, and a 40 percent chance Sunday. Highs will be in the upper 80s and low 90s, while lows will be in the low to mid-70s.

—Staff writer Alexis Stevens contributed to this article.

An Atlanta eatery also was damaged during the storms. A tree came down on the main dining rooms at Fox Brothers BBQ at 1238 DeKalb Ave. in the Candler Park neighborhood. One of the owners told Channel 2 that no one was hurt, but he could not say when the restaurant may reopen.

"They say it sounded like the end of the world," Justin Fox of Fox Brothers BBQ said.

There were customers in the restaurant at the time.

"There were a few tables where it happened, but fortunately, they saw it happening and were able to get out," Fox said.

I had to go and open my big fat mouth. Hopefully they were planning to do the Festival with portable smokers - but I suspect they store those underneath the structure that got eaten by that tree. I'm glad no one got hurt there - we got NO precip or weather in Gwinnett. Weird.

I had to go and open my big fat mouth. Hopefully they were planning to do the Festival with portable smokers - but I suspect they store those underneath the structure that got eaten by that tree. I'm glad no one got hurt there - we got NO precip or weather in Gwinnett. Weird.

According to the news segment I saw last night....they will be open back up this weekend, for carry out only til they get repairs done.