Be careful on motorcycles... friend dies at 19

J the TyranT

Thats just how it is...
Dec 14, 2001
LV
03/19/2002)Jeffrey Brian Jackson Jeffrey Brian Jackson (who preferred Jeff) left this life Saturday, March 16, 2002, after sustaining injuries in a motorcycle accident. A 2001 graduate of Bowie High School, Jeff loved computers, motocross and automobile racing, and working on his car. A person with a big heart and many talents, Jeff was also an accomplished artist and writer, who was known for his wacky, ironic humor. Jeff loved things that go fast especially powerful computers and fast cars and was a proud member of the Austin Racing Forum. His brief life touched many people, not only the circle of Texas racers, but also a large diverse group of friends who have responded with an outpouring of love both in person and by e-mail for ``one real cool guy''. Jeff treated all his friends with respect and a generous dose of his ever- present humor. Jeff died doing what he loved most. One of the many postings from the Austin Racing Forum observed that a credo of Jack London's epitomizes the essence of Jeff: ``I would rather be ashes than dust. I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The purpose of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time''. This is how people with passion live their lives, and no doubt did apply to one Jeff Jackson.

That was my friend Jeff. He wasnt my best friend, he wasnt even a good friend.. but, he was in our little circle of car enthusiasts around here. We ate dinners together, and broke laws together.. so that made us fuckin' homeboys. Piece of shit world we live in. Just felt like sharing... *shrugs* be careful out there, metalheads.

J

That's terrible man. I know how it is though. I had a freind, when i was an aspiring young metal head, again, not a good freind but a fellow metal head who shared stories with me about him getting his teeth knocked out in a white zombie pit and the like. A good guy. A van stopping to make a left turn, who hadn't turned on his turn signal, Chris rear-ended it. His motorcycle exploded on impact. He died a few days later. Also, a bright young woman in my graduating class died in a motorcycle accident the summer after we graduated. I wasn't her freind by the loosest definiton of the word, but it's still a tragedy. She was intelligent, pretty, and really nice to everyone. Motorcycles are great, but they're dangerous as well. Like that bumper sticker says "Save a life, be aware, motorcycles are everywhere." It may be cheesy, but hey, it makes a good point.