Friend dies at 19.

J the TyranT

Thats just how it is...
Dec 14, 2001
LV
03/19/2002)Jeffrey Brian Jackson Jeffrey Brian Jackson (who preferred Jeff) left this life Saturday, March 16, 2002, after sustaining injuries in a motorcycle accident. A 2001 graduate of Bowie High School, Jeff loved computers, motocross and automobile racing, and working on his car. A person with a big heart and many talents, Jeff was also an accomplished artist and writer, who was known for his wacky, ironic humor. Jeff loved things that go fast especially powerful computers and fast cars and was a proud member of the Austin Racing Forum. His brief life touched many people, not only the circle of Texas racers, but also a large diverse group of friends who have responded with an outpouring of love both in person and by e-mail for ``one real cool guy''. Jeff treated all his friends with respect and a generous dose of his ever- present humor. Jeff died doing what he loved most. One of the many postings from the Austin Racing Forum observed that a credo of Jack London's epitomizes the essence of Jeff: ``I would rather be ashes than dust. I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The purpose of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time''. This is how people with passion live their lives, and no doubt did apply to one Jeff Jackson.

That was my friend Jeff. He wasnt my best friend, he wasnt even a good friend.. but, he was in our little circle of car enthusiasts around here. We ate dinners together, and broke laws together.. so that made us fuckin' homeboys. Piece of shit world we live in. Just felt like getting it off my chest.. and fuckin'.. be careful out there, crazy metal fans.

J

I don´t know what to say, really... :cry:
One thing is that he sounded like a cool guy, and you should be glad you got to know him... But I am speechless... :cry:

-phyros (...honestly sorry for you and your mates...)

Hey dudes, thanks for yer words. Like I said, he wasnt the closest of acquiantences, but, it just sucks. So, he's in our age group, and died fuckin' around like we all like to do.. that's mostly why I posted it... so... be careful and shit.

J

What a terrible loss of young life. Things like this choke me up because I am a mother and could not bear if somehting like this happened to my child. I can only imagine the devastation his family feels.

He rests in the arms of the Goddess now.

I'm at a loss for words;
I am truly sorry, and my sympathies to you and your friends...

Thanx peoples... really like I said.. just be careful with shit. Dont sympathize, cuz, I never knew the dude too well.. Im really just posting it so everybody is just careful and what not out there.

J

Yeah, people do crazy stuff and get themselves killed very often. I hope everyone is careful, and I feel sorry for Jeff. Like everyone else, I know he wasn't that great of a friend, but still, you can't help but feel like you've lost a part of yourself.

It suddenly stroke me, that if anyone of you guys or girls would pass away, none of us would know! That´s creepy!! So I agree in what the Tyrant said... Be carefull...:)

-phyros

It still hits you when a person dies you knew, no matter how close you were friends.

It makes sad, hearing that young people die. Not long ago someone posted a link of a German site at the Therion forum. I went there and it really hit me, I have been crying! The father who made this site for his lost daughter found a medium due to this site. His daughter did suicide, he gives you the background story to it, unfortunately it's all in German. When I went to this site I could feel her, and writing about it now, I can feel Jana again... she died last year, but she is still alive... only 13 years old... people were tooo blind to see how desperated she needed help...

This is the link of the site for all those who can understand.
www.jana-kroeplin.de

Note: no nasty post under "Gedanken" (guestbook) please. If you do not like the page, etc..., leave the site in peace/silence.
I have seen many different reaction about this site, most did not understand nor did they care. I personally think it's good that the father did this site, it helps him and the family to get over the loose and gives them the possibility to talk to Jana... this site is a medium, please enter it with respect...

Originally posted by Phyros
It suddenly stroke me, that if anyone of you guys or girls would pass away, none of us would know! That´s creepy!!
:cry: That actually did happen at the other forum I go to (dmbml). One of the board members worked at the Pentagon, and died on September the 11th. His friend told us of his death. I used to go there a lot 2 years ago and I only went there occasionally in the past year; and don't remember if I talked to him. It was still very saddening as he was so young. He was there one day talking and laughing on the board, and gone the next.

Be careful and cherish everyone in your life. Don't take them for granted, as life is unpredicatible they could no longer be there in the future. :cry:

Yeah, Im gonna leave a note in my wallet, so like, if I ever suddenly die or something... that it tells my mother to open a certain .doc on the PC with directions... who to email, call, and where to post that I died, just so everyone knows =)

J