beat:repeat NYC - "I Am The Law"

Joecephus

Mar 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
www. joecephus.com

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/anthraxs-charlie-benante-hangs-out-with-ninja-tune-producer-to-reimagine-i-am-the-law-song/

On the surface, ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante and Ninja Tune producer Lee Bannon appear to be worlds apart, but when you swipe aside the obvious (and numerous) differences between these two artists, you'll find a common desire to make the beat the driving force in everything they do.

In the latest episode of "beat:repeat NYC" (see below), Red Bull Music Academy’s eight-part homage to some of the Big Apple's most-loved drum-driven anthems, Benante and Bannon pitch up in the world-famous Electric Lady Studios to tinker with one of the metal titan's greatest tracks.

A relentless, monster of a song, "I Am The Law" was written during ANTHRAX's 1986 tour and was inspired by the urban crime-crushing antics of Judge Dredd. Armed with only his AKAI MPC Renaissance, Bannon takes the track to task as he shows what a drum machine can do with Benante's ferocious live drumming.​

Last edited by a moderator:
1. So where can i listen to the end product?

2. Charlie was so excited..he is dreaming of recording using them drum machine ( yay....)