Beatallica

rabies

Proud IMG Guitarist!
Apr 16, 2001
Maryland USA
Visit site
Had to share this..most of you know I am a huge Beatles fan...

What would it sound like if Metallica covered Beatles songs? The band Beatallica may be the closest we'll ever get.

http://www.sensoryresearch.com/~starkeff/beatallica.html

You guys have to check this out. Its the funniest things I've seen/heard in a while....and it is pretty quality stuff.

The band prefers to remain anonymous for litigation reasons...which is a shame, I would love to get the guy who does the vocals for them. He is a complete dead ringer for Hetfield.

The names of their songs alone is funny as hell.

Originally posted by Mr. Hyde
LOL. That guy does a good Hetfield impersonation.

How come you've never suggested any of your favorite Beatles tunes?

Oh heck..I dunno. Mostly didn't think anybody else was interested. Its only recently that we broke from 80s hard metal type of tunes...and even then it follows the progression of choosing Metallica or other Metal-types. The Beatles is such a huge departure from that.

Now that I am learning sonar..I have been thinking about doing a couple on the side for myself. If yer interested, that would be great. My voice fits the Beatles much better than Maiden..I think yours would as well. You could be Paul and I could be John..or vice versa. :D

The Beatles is a departure from Maiden and stuff but I think we all listen to stuff that is far removed from metal.

I've always liked the Beatles although I don't have any of their cd's. It's like that for me with a lot of bands. The Stones, for example, I like them but don't have any of their cd's.

I'm down to try some Beatles if you want.:)

Do you like bands like U2, The Eagles, Don henley, or solo Robert Plant?

I like scores of non metal stuff..

U2 - Absolutely
Eagles - even better
Don Henley - ok..but I prefer the Eagles
Robert Plant - not really. Never was a big Zep fan either.

Another favorite of min is the Police....and for some reason Billy Idol. Along the more rock oriented stuff...old Van Halen, Extreme, Mr. Big, Dokken, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden..and on and on. I'm also a huge Jazz and Blues fan. Stevie Ray, Kenny Wayne, BB, Albert, etc.

I'm down to try some Beatles if you want.:)

I'm going to try to think up something we can do. I might take you up on this. =)

Do you guys like the band Live? I think I can do a pretty good job of singing on thier songs. :eek:

Also..I've been thinking that I would love to try to sing some Dream Theatre stuff..off their new album. I fancy myself as sounding something like James LaBrie.

Cool.

I'm not familiar with Live.

Sing Dream Theatre...Ok, but what about playin it? :lol:

I'll make some Live stuff available to you. I am sure you've heard it on the radio or something. You just forgot...or it didn't captivate you.

I'll leave it to you guys to play it! :p I'll be doing the hard part of singing it! The least you can do is perform those bass/guitar lines! ;)

Did someone mention Dream Theater? :D
I'd be ultra interested in doing one of their tunes. My biggest limitation is I don't own a 7 string, so any song I could take part in would have to be a 6 string-driven song.
One of the non-7string tunes that immediately springs to mind is War Inside My Head, it's pretty damned easy, too.

But I really am open to almost anything. I was playing The Beatles' No Reply at a gig the other night, and The Doors' Light My Fire :yuk:

Originally posted by rabies

Do you guys like the band Live? I think I can do a pretty good job of singing on thier songs. :eek:

Love 'em! :cool:
But, I only own "Throwing Copper" so I'm most familiar with the songs from it.

As for Dream Theater, I'd love to do some. Myung's pretty brutal though, so I'll need a fair amount of time to rehearse it properly. :cool: