Becaus I'm bored. Positive life changes

SocialNumb

Damn Christians!
Aug 15, 2006
Boyton, WPB, FL
Hey dudes. I quit smoking! All made possible by E-cigs. OK, I have one week left on this E-cig, then I'm done. Mostly just a habit thing, zero Nicotine now. ;)

I quit drinking! Weaned myself out of it over 5 weeks. I was drinking about 7-8 16 oz Natural Ice's (5.9 alcohol) a day, everyday for over a decade. It's not Vodka but I would still get the shakes if I didn't drink anyways.

Started lifting (6 days a week) and exercising (cardio, yoga, ect) every single day. No longer a Vegan, back to meat. Yummy, I really missed bacon. :lol: My first bite into a Skirt Steak, orgasm, sweet dead animal orgasm. :p I never did do it for the animals strictly, still love them, but in my belly as well. :devil:

So, bored rant over. :headbang:

I got married last November. Big change. New job, busts my ass but pays well. Starting to really up my mixing skills lately, imo.

lol^ So far I've lost most of my body fat, beer belly almost gone as well. Looking to build some lean muscle after. I spent more money than I needed to on weights, benches, gear and what not for a beginner, re-beginner? Whatever, I'll need it later anyways.

About the six days a week thing. Just doing what my trainer friend is telling me to do. Still giving each muscle group at least 72 hours to heal. Mostly because I have the time. I'm taking a whole year off at least, no work, no distractions. It's all about me and getting healthy and fit. Not looking to go beast mode or nothing though. ;)

I got married last November. Big change. New job, busts my ass but pays well. Starting to really up my mixing skills lately, imo.

Good on you! :headbang:

how in the fuck does one stick to a regular schedule for anything? i can't even keep up with tv shows - even on netflix!

It's so simple: make it a priority. And then don't do anything on any day before your priorities are done.

Get rid of your TV/netflix/facebook/twitter/whateverbullshit: bam, instant 25h a week of more time. That's over 1000h a year. You can achieve wonders in that amount of time. You'll also feel accomplished because you get something done and stop seeing all the bullshit around you that's totally out of your control. Especially once you notice that you miss absolutely nothing at all. Ever.

It's really very simple.

smy1 got it. Though I do watch Netflix while on the treadmill for 45. ;) I've always been a stickler for a schedule, like clockwork. Every meal has it's time, same goes for a shower, shitting, ect. I've just always been that way in my adult life and feel all fucked up when I'm off it.

Like right now I should be sleeping but since quitting drinking thats been all messed up. argg. I think my now gone grandmother made me this way, she had a ridged schedule that we where all expected to follow. It grew on me I suppose. I hated it at the time.

I've got great respect for guys stopping drinking and smoking, seen guys around me struggle not being able to stay off it for more than 2 days, while very, very few succeed.

In 2006/2007 went from 175kg to 145kg. Got married in 2009, started living together, that changes shit, went from 145kg to 158kg. From 1 January 2014 (158kg) now 123kg. I'm a tall (1.97meter), so my goal is somewhere around 110-ish, and now keep it that way.

I've always been a sports guy, since I was 8, I play football (soccer) twice a week, however that wasn't enough.
I started off slowly in 2014, gradually building it up
January - April 2014 : Hiking 10km-20km a week
April 2014 : Survival expedition in the Scottish mountains for 4 days, up and down mountains 'n shit, things we don't have in The Netherlands.
May - November 2014 : Hiking 10km a week + extra night of football
November 2014 I decided I'd like to do a marathon in 2017, so switched up the schedule a bit;
Monday morning; 30 minutes run
Monday evening; futsall (indoor football)
Tuesday evening; 30 minute run
Wednesday evening; futsall (indoor football)
Thursday; day off
Friday; 30 minute run
Saturday; day off
Sunday; 10 - 20km hike

Slowly increasing the minutes of running in the course of the months. In October I have an 8km run scheduled, which shouldn't be a problem. First half marathon should be in 2016, and full marathon in 2017.

While everything around me falls apart and goes like shit, this focus and excercise keeps me going.

It's so simple: make it a priority. And then don't do anything on any day before your priorities are done.

Get rid of your TV/netflix/facebook/twitter/whateverbullshit: bam, instant 25h a week of more time. That's over 1000h a year. You can achieve wonders in that amount of time. You'll also feel accomplished because you get something done and stop seeing all the bullshit around you that's totally out of your control. Especially once you notice that you miss absolutely nothing at all. Ever.

It's really very simple.

Yup. I have a list of daily things to do, and since I've stuck to it and been very serious with my spare time, I've greatly improved my bass playing (practicing 4/5 times a week with exercise and theory books), mixing, French and Portuguese (practice Duolingo and read at least one newspaper article every day), and inmensely improved my physical condition (workout 6 times a week, including abs every day no matter if I lift or do cardio that day), and many other pleasant, positive things.

Awesome, It's good to hear other people doing positive things in their lives. Pushes me more!

Dan, I used to do abs everyday but I was told to stop that. That I should only hit them once every 72 hours because "it's muscle like the rest of your body and needs to heal the same". I was told that I was essentially wasting my time and that diet was #1 (along with heal time) if I wanted that defined 6 pack. So far it's working better for me and faster. Dunno, thought I'd throw that out there. My trainer friend is ripped to hell so I trust him. Then again he spent 1/2 his life in prison. ;)

Changed my diet 23 days ago. Down 18.6 pounds, decided to stop being a fat fuck.

The change in the mind is the best part, holy shit do I think clearer now.

Parents gave me thier treadmill, thing has a busted power jack. It's in the mail so tomorrow I should have it fixed and running.

I seriously need to lose a small human though. Did a decade of shitty eating and suffered for it.

Changed my diet 23 days ago. Down 18.6 pounds, decided to stop being a fat fuck.

The change in the mind is the best part, holy shit do I think clearer now.

It's crazy, isn't it? Coupling a similar change in diet with cutting back on drinking a lot (after a bad breakup at the end of the summer, I went into "booze dumpster" mode, spending about $1200/month on alcohol :cry: ...so shameful...), the boost in my overall attitude and mental clarity is incredible.

I quit drinking cold-turkey in November and now allow myself a drink or two a week at the very most, as a treat. Having a lot of history of alcoholism in my family and realizing that I was rarely sober, unless I was at work, kinda scared the shit out of me. I'm nearly 30 and don't want to be a fat drunk asshole when the end of this current decade comes up.

I quit drinking cold-turkey in November and now allow myself a drink or two a week at the very most, as a treat. Having a lot of history of alcoholism in my family and realizing that I was rarely sober, unless I was at work, kinda scared the shit out of me. I'm nearly 30 and don't want to be a fat drunk asshole when the end of this current decade comes up.

:headbang: Good for you, dude!

For some of you guys working out, I have a question for you: Where do you all start? I did a basic daily workout the other day and my body is hating my guts because of it. I put on a bit of weight over this past fall and winter and want to get rid of that shit.

It's really very simple.

This is very true but to create and mantaining a routine can be quite a challenge.

I really need to do that. Most of my frustrations and unhappy moments comes when I cant control shit and when I cant produce something useful with my free time.

So, a schedule to create a healthy routine is quite necessary in these modern times.

Good work dude! Keep going!

When you quit the smokes you're going to see you wallet get really fat after a while. I still can't believe how much I spent on them. After about six months I noticed how much money I had saved.

I'm saving 1062.88 a year not counting tax from not smoking cigs. I'm saving 3040.45 a year not counting tax from not drinking beer.

1,470+ extra calories not consumed a day from not drinking beer.

I'm saving all over the place!