Because I was bored and had time on my hands

Se7enChurches

I Didn't Break the Oath
Aug 21, 2002
Atlanta GA
Visit site
I randomly tallied up suggestions from the "Band Ideas for PP4.0" thread so far.

in order of votes:

1. Rhapsody (10 votes)
2. Evergrey (9 votes
3. Sonata Arctica & Stratovarius (7 votes each)
5. Nightwish (6 votes)

bands with 5 votes:
Helloween, Iced Earth, Nevermore, Vanden Plas

bands with 4 votes:
Blind Guardian, Children of Bodom, Elegy, Opeth, Symphony X, Wolverine

bands with 3 votes:
Jag Panzer, Labyrinth, Rage, Sentenced

bands with 2 votes:
Amorphis, Andromeda, Angel Dust, ARK, Brainstorm, Celtic Frost, Demons & Wizards, Elvenking, Freedom Call, Grave Digger, Hammerfall, In Flames, Lost Horizon, Majestic, Savatage, Sinergy, Stonehenge, Therion, Virgin Steele, Watchtower

bands with only 1 vote:
Adagio, Aesma Daeva, Alchemist, Amaran, Apollyon Sun, Arch Enemy, Arcturus, Armageddon, Avantasia, Bal Sagoth, Borknagar, Bumblefoot, Cairo, Dark Moor, Dark Tranquillity, Destiny's End, Diamond Head, Dragonforce, Ensiferum, Estradasphere, Fates Warning, Freak Kitchen, Freternia, Heavenly, Helstar, Hollenthon, Ice Age, Kamelot, Lana Lane, Liquid Tension Experiment, Loch Vostoch, Love History, Madsword, Magnitude 9, Yngwie Malmsteen, Manowar, Maudlin of the Well, Nocturnal Rites, Outworld, Queensryche, Root, Royal Hunt, Uli John Roth, Jordan Rudess/John Petrucci, Runnign Wild, Secret Sphere, Shadow Gallery, Shaman, Soilwork, Spastik Ink, Star One, Stride, Tad Morose, Tea Party, Vanishing Point, Voivod, Zonata

there may be a counting mistake or two in there; feel free to correct me if you're equally bored.

Ryan

Originally posted by markgugs
It sure is, but your Helloween tally *has* to be off. I voted for them, and my votes *usually* count for at least 3. Are things different around here?

believe me, between the two of our votes, that should match Rhapsody's 10 votes, but I was trying to be impartial.

Ryan

hmm....well, I think that Iced Earth, Therion, Jag Panzer, Nightwish, Tad Morose, Shadow Gallery, Nocturnal Rites, Adagio, Savatage, and Nevermore should all have one more vote each (at least) So I will cast said votes.
Yay, got my 2 cents in (though, 2 cents isn't worth more than a couple pennies nowadays)

Originally posted by Drummerist
hmm....well, I think that Iced Earth, Therion, Jag Panzer, Nightwish, Tad Morose, Shadow Gallery, Nocturnal Rites, Adagio, Savatage, and Nevermore should all have one more vote each (at least) So I will cast said votes.
Yay, got my 2 cents in (though, 2 cents isn't worth more than a couple pennies nowadays)

noted. Yay, another Therion vote!! (for all the difference our suggestions make)

I must say I don't exactly understand all these votes for bands such as Nevermore and Iced Earth that tour the US on a regular basis themselves. I'd rather leave the slots open for bands we don't see as often. (Hypocrite that I am for suggesting Manowar, though i don't think they tour here quite as often as those two.)

Ryan

Well, I more or less seconded the idea of The Tea Party, so put them up to 2, and let me hereby vote for Balance of Power--seeing them would guarantee my appearance!! (like that's not already the case...)

Shaye :D

I'm happy with Rhapsody being at the top of the list. Elvenking being second would have been cool too!

Wow, after reading that list I'm amazed I never thought of suggesting stuff like Bumblefoot, Estradasphere, or Bungle!!!?! As far as special guests, why the fuck not Mike Patton? In my mind these bands are very progressive. Bumblefoot's (Ron Thal) album Uncool is in my top five of y2k+1. I've heard live samples of Estradasphere and they are fucking amazingly tight. Just droppin' respect where respect is due.

Originally posted by Antiharpist
Wow, after reading that list I'm amazed I never thought of suggesting stuff like Bumblefoot, Estradasphere, or Bungle!!!?! As far as special guests, why the fuck not Mike Patton? In my mind these bands are very progressive. Bumblefoot's (Ron Thal) album Uncool is in my top five of y2k+1. I've heard live samples of Estradasphere and they are fucking amazingly tight. Just droppin' respect where respect is due.

Because Glenn needs people to actually *come* to the show? Just you know, making a guess as to why those bands aren't considered (well, except Bungle).

Originally posted by Se7enChurches
I randomly tallied up suggestions from the "Band Ideas for PP4.0" thread so far.

in order of votes:

1. Rhapsody (10 votes)
2. Evergrey (9 votes
3. Sonata Arctica & Stratovarius (7 votes each)
5. Nightwish (6 votes)

If Rhapsody and Stratovarius headlined next year, and ALL the other bands were pure prog - I'd still go. And that's saying something. :D