Because.

Quality of care is about the same, but now there's long waiting lists for EVERYTHING, any kind of procedure takes at least 3 months unless it's urgent, doesn't matter if it's small but life-threatening complications develop sometimes from the wait. A large doctor shortage as well means you either have to go to a walk in clinic, which does nothing, or go to the hospital, EITHER choice is MINIMUM a 3 hour wait now. It's disgusting, 2 years ago it wasn't like this. Now it's just scary for me. Luckily I have a family doctor but for the people who don't it's shitty.

This is why I am skeptic about universal health care in the US. We have a lot more people than Canada, and the wait would probably be even longer.

There is a public hospital in Dallas that whereupon if anything serious happens to me I will request to be taken there before I die, because at that hospital if you can't pay, you can't pay. VIVA LA MEXICO

That's my health coverage.

VIVA LA MEXICO

I was just looking the place up on Wikipedia and read "A patient survey indicated 70% of the women who gave birth at Parkland in the first three months of 2006 were illegal immigrants."

:erk:

edit: more

"Since Parkland is a public hospital, it must accept patients from Dallas County regardless of their ability to pay. As such, poorer residents from surrounding counties that do not have public hospitals of their own (and which are not subject to the special property tax used for Parkland operations) regularly seek treatment at Parkland. These surrounding counties will actually transport indigent and uninsured patients to Parkland in county owned ambulances and drop them off. This has caused financial turmoil for the hospital in recent years, as the surrounding counties are not required by law to reimburse Parkland for services provided to their residents (though some of them have on rare occasions done so). Also, Parkland does not request information on a patient's legal status (unlike John Peter Smith Hospital in Tarrant County, which does request this information)."

WELL THATS NOT FAIR

This is why I am skeptic about universal health care in the US. We have a lot more people than Canada, and the wait would probably be even longer.

All my life it's been fine, as SOON as the conservatives got power, they lowered taxes from 15% to 13%... our taxes basically pay for the healthcare system. Not to mention our Prime Minister cut our healthcare budget a lot plus he was in the past an outspoken supporter of privatizing the system and making it a two-tier healthcare plan. Fucking bullshit. I hate fundies.. this fag was anti-gay, anti-abortion and was a laughing stock until there was a big scandal with the liberals so to punish them we elected the conservatives... BIG FUCKING MISTAKE.