Because.

My mom wants that type of government, it seems. If America was a completely Christian nation, that'd be fine, but since we're not, I think our leaders should reflect the "freedom of religion".

Serious post:

The one thing that people like My Dad, and your Mom don't understand is, sure even if we had a completely Christian state, then which denomination would rule over the other? lol, then this will completely piss off all the other Christian denominations, and they are back to killing each other again.

Some people don't understand, Christian or not, that freedom from religion is the best bet for everyone. Try telling that to my ignorant father though.

Goofy Post:

*pulls out an umbrella for protection from the tag team spray* :lol:

How do you people survive with the medical care you have, if you have any? Just a poll to see real peoples' opinions/stories about health coverage. To be honest, I only hear on the news how horrible the health care is in the US, but I never see or hear directly from an individual an individual's experience. How much are you guys paying and what does it cover? Is the care you're getting worth the money? Do you just say fuck it and go with over-the-counter?

How do you people survive with the medical care you have, if you have any? Just a poll to see real peoples' opinions/stories about health coverage. To be honest, I only hear on the news how horrible the health care is in the US, but I never see or hear directly from an individual an individual's experience. How much are you guys paying and what does it cover? Is the care you're getting worth the money? Do you just say fuck it and go with over-the-counter?

If you don't hear from that many people, for me at least it's because it's embarrassing! I don't really want to bring up my pathetic policy or my messed up personal problems.

I'll tell you what my health plan is called though, "Don't get sick"

That says enough. I don't want people to get into their private policies or anything personal...just a kind of, "I pay too much per month" or "It's not so bad" will suffice.

In case you have to go to the hospital, someone's gotta pay for it. If you break your leg, someone's gotta pay for it. You don't HAVE to have health insurance if you choose to pay for it yourself.

If you don't have insurance but have an emergency, they'll treat you. You'll just be paying the hospital for the rest of your life.

Define awful
Quality of care is about the same, but now there's long waiting lists for EVERYTHING, any kind of procedure takes at least 3 months unless it's urgent, doesn't matter if it's small but life-threatening complications develop sometimes from the wait. A large doctor shortage as well means you either have to go to a walk in clinic, which does nothing, or go to the hospital, EITHER choice is MINIMUM a 3 hour wait now. It's disgusting, 2 years ago it wasn't like this. Now it's just scary for me. Luckily I have a family doctor but for the people who don't it's shitty.

I don't understand health care.

What do you need it for?

In Canada, you just need to have a plan from your job, or you can get the basic allowed by the goverment through social assistance, they're both the same and cover everything, but your job might give you MORE money for things, such as dentistry, eye glasses, etc... the government only gives you so much for that. I guess it's still better than the USA though, I mean if you can't afford heathcare. Kinda scary to think some people don't have any.

In case you have to go to the hospital, someone's gotta pay for it. If you break your leg, someone's gotta pay for it. You don't HAVE to have health insurance if you choose to pay for it yourself.

Privatized healthcare = epic fail. If you can afford to pay for your medical bills or you WANT to go to a place that is private that's cool, but making it mandatry everyone has to pay or suffer if they can't is bullshit.

If you don't have insurance but have an emergency, they'll treat you. You'll just be paying the hospital for the rest of your life.

Only if you're in cardiac arrest or something.... If you're not but say you need a 350,000 dollar operation or you'll die they don't care. They only have to stabilize you then boot your ass out. If you have cancer and can't afford the treatment then you're fucked.

Here it's ok...not great, but not bad. You have to pay a small co-pay which is about the same across the board, no matter the illness. If you have surgery you'll still pay a low fee because the state picks up the tab. They also pay for dentistry, but most people just take their lumps and pay out of their pocket for private dental work due to the waiting time, which is usually about 2 months. It's like that in this part of Italy, that is. Anything south of Rome, forget about it.

Annalisa just had a shitload of tests and exams and all kinds of pokes and prods for intestinal problems and she paid like 100 euros all told over the course of several weeks of appointments. At the end the doctors didn't find anything and looked at her lab results and realized that stress from her job is actually causing her problems. They're actually going to write a letter to her boss recommending they either pull their heads out of their asses and improve the environment or that she should just look for another job.

It's not as good as France or Sweden, but it's decent.

Only if you're in cardiac arrest or something.... If you're not but say you need a 350,000 dollar operation or you'll die they don't care. They only have to stabilize you then boot your ass out. If you have cancer and can't afford the treatment then you're fucked.

Chuck Schuldiner, case in point.

I was talking about emergencies, though. Cancer isn't an emergency...appendicitis, heart attacks, things of that nature would be considered emergencies.

Chuck Schuldiner, case in point.

I was talking about emergencies, though. Cancer isn't an emergency...appendicitis, heart attacks, things of that nature would be considered emergencies.

Yeah, but either way you're fucked. Unforeseen heart attack that puts you in debt, you lose your home, everything you own, your retirement money... or you get cancer and can't afford the treatment so loved ones have to watch you die because of MONEY, which is bullshit.