Been offered a triple rec

Mar 11, 2005
England
A friend of mine has just offered me a Meca triple rec that needs some work. Im interested but Ive never played one before. I cant demo this one because like I said it needs some work doing.

Ive already got a triple xxx, a 5150 mk2 and a framus dragon. IS the Mesa really going to add anything I cant do with these guys already??

Im tempted to go for in anyway just cos I think it would be impressive to have a stack of heads like that. The repairs will be no problem at all and should cost me next to nothing, Ill just get an engineer at work onto it.

But will it porvide anything I cant live without that those other amps cant do.

Obviously Ill probably get in anyway and then shop for a Krank and go for the wall of heads instead of a wall of cabs live most people do

Hmmm Im thinking it might be worth getting hold of depending on the price. If I get a particularly good deal Ill post it, it I cant afford it Ill open it up to you guys....

I'd say it's got some more lows than the amps you currently have.
The clean on the Dragon is better then the mesa or any of the two peaveys as far as I'm concerned.

Triple rec ...yeah thats some sick tone. Mix that with a crate cab and things get pretty brutal. So far that combination is the heaviest guitar tone I've ever heard.

For anybody that doesn't know, a 5150 and Rectifier layered together create an ungodly tone. The Mesa is more than worth having as an asset at your place. If you don't go for one when it's a deal, you're truly missing out.

~e.a

I would get it just for its medium gain sounds.
Mixing a medium gain from the recto with a good 5150 sound is brutal, as some ppl have said here ;)

hahaha man if your getting a good deal on one you better snatch it up!! i own a triple and a dual, and they kik ballz!!! +1 on the blend with a 5150 or xxx.:headbang: