5150 III or Triple Rectifier?

sebby123

Apr 6, 2011
I currently own a triple rectifier and its been treating me great but i just got offered a EVH 5150 III in exchange for the triple rect. For those who have tried both if you could only own one high gain amp which would you choose? Ive played a 5150 III awhile back and remember loving it but it was when the amp was first released.

I really like the EVH 5150. I recently bought a Dual Rect. and the choice was between those to. I went with the Rectifier because i already got a regular 5150. Both are great. Try the EVH and decide which one you like the most. If you own a studio get em both :D

Yes i agree with the post above. I love both man could never let go of one. But i think its up to the music you play. I know they both cover metal but notice how one of the two amps will suit your playing better..if i were you id try to get a hold of a friend or someone who has the amp and perhaps try to record some of your music with both see what you like?

Ultimately though you need both anyway :) hehe

No but seriously its gonna be heard for you to make up your mind with a thread on it because its up to personal preference since they both as you already know are kickass and none is better than the other not one bit. Which is why i think it comes down to your playing.

Sorry couldnt help much :s

Thanks for all the replies, I can only afford to keep one.... I guess ill just have to try them both out. Can anyone comment on which they think would be more versatile?

If the 5150 III clean channel is anything like the old 5150s, the Rectos clean will PWN it.

5150 III -> better cleans.
Fender make them, would be strange if the cleans would suck ;)

but OT:

I played both allready and I like the 5150III better, altho the Recto has KILLER crunch sounds. Dunno if you need them.
Not even sure if I need them tbh :lol:

5150 III -> better cleans.
Fender make them, would be strange if the cleans would suck ;)

but OT:

I played both allready and I like the 5150III better, altho the Recto has KILLER crunch sounds. Dunno if you need them.
Not even sure if I need them tbh :lol:
Fender makes them ??? For my input I have heard The Mesa it sounds excellent but i currently own the orignal 5150 and it sounds just as good for metal but if your looking for something that holds a standard to almost every type of music get the Mesa.

Fender makes them ??? For my input I have heard The Mesa it sounds excellent but i currently own the orignal 5150 and it sounds just as good for metal but if your looking for something that holds a standard to almost every type of music get the Mesa.

the original 5150 was made by peavey, but the 5150 III is made by fender, it has 3 channels, good cleans...etc

Thanks guys! Ill be sure to try them side by side before i make a decision but i'm liking the midrange on the EVH better then the recto's personally.